art swap for craftsmen and artists.

duckkisser

I don't know that I would want to label classes of skill would rather get some junk as long as it's the best they can do. This is about giving our best to another and less about receiving the best. Yes I would hate to get something someone spent 5 min on when I worked on mine for a month but in the end I'll know that someone will have received something that will represent my art and inspire. This is goal and what I hope happens....

What I see happening is this being yearly event.

Any tipe of skill can participate......( carving, turning, music, photography, print ect......)

Each artisan pushes themselves to their limit

Each artisan tries to impress someone else

Rough ideas of the rules( just my first thoughts)

Sighn up will be at the start of the month-Iteams posted at the end. People can start making anytime they want but they have to register and submit within the events month. (Want to make it so people can perticipate even though they are not able to make something during the event.

At the end of the month myself and impartial group will match up projects based on complexity and skill or it will be random haven't decided (good chance it will be random to be fair and easy).

Photo will be sent to me and I'll post on my web page to organize each event and so it will be easy for people to view previous years. The photo may come with a short blurb on the item and or artist.

Iteams will only be made in the 10$ Material cost range, this will both limit size and Incourage recycling. Iteams can be any size but sender is responsible for cost of shipping.

If event members are in a uneven number then I'll make extra Iteams for an equal distributing

I might have a vote for the best Iteams and those people may win a prize.

Any questions or thoughts then send me a messrapp

Im thinking to do this sometime after the new year and before summer and school finals. Perhaps February or March when most people are inside and don't have any major holidays. How does that sound to everyone else? Which month would you prefer?

It does not have to be made in those months just submitted during the month so if you have commitments you can still participate.

• Like 1

Ok I have gotten a page set up on my website I just need a name for the event. Anyone have any suggestions keep in mind my website is feathered wood working and my handle is duckkisser so I would like a feather or bird themed name. Since this is where I started I'm going to ask on here.

https://featheredwoodworking.wordpress.com/art-swap-under-construction/

• 1 month later...

ok everyone feb 1st is right around the corner if you have something you have made feel free to submit it.  you have from feb 1st to march 31 to submit something.  remember when you make something ill need picture's, a description and some kind of contact info like a email so that i can exchange the info with the person who will get your item and vis versa. after march 31 ill have a online vote for the favorite item and that person will be sent a prize..   you don't have to start in the time frame just get the information to me in the two months. if you have a website blog face book ect.... let me know what it is and ill add it to your items post so that people can see your other stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

just have to get a image/ description/ contact info and web link(if you have one) to me by the 31st and and then shortly after ill exchange your contact info with each other so you can send your iteam to your fellow participant. 

The 31st of March?  Or is it the last of February? (only 28 days).  Just thought I'd clarify because I thought I'd seen March 1st as the cut off somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

ok gang the halfway point is almost here and only have one iteam sent to me not including my own.  if your still planing to put in don't forget to mark your calender.  remember ill be giving away a gift to the favorite piece submitted.  so if you submit something and it is voted on by the general public that person will be getting a box filled with prizes.