Peg board. Keep it?

wouldwurker

For obvious reasons, I hate the 8 by 4 sheet of pegboard on my shop wall.

I can repurpose it for plenty of things, downdraft hand sanding station, shelf pin jig, etc, but...is there any reason to keep hanging things on it?

I've read about special pegs that stay put,..but from what I remember they were stupid expensive.

The only things I do like are the small shelf holder pegs. 9f33129f0828787f882ded04d73471f5.jpg

So:

1. Rip it down

2. Buy super expensive stay put pegs

3. Or...keep it up and use a super secret shop trick that I don't know about.

For obvious reasons, I hate the 8 by 4 sheet of pegboard on my shop wall.

I can repurpose it for plenty of things, downdraft hand sanding station, shelf pin jig, etc, but...is there any reason to keep hanging things on it?

I've read about special pegs that stay put,..but from what I remember they were stupid expensive.

The only things I do like are the small shelf holder pegs. 9f33129f0828787f882ded04d73471f5.jpg

So:

1. Rip it down

2. Buy super expensive stay put pegs

3. Or...keep it up and use a super secret shop trick that I don't know about.

I would have trashed it a long time ago. Looks like your marker outline of all your tools have faded out. I have the old brown style and my wife can still see where the hammer goes.

I'm with Dave. The hooks came from a supermarket and are much thicker than what you buy in the box stores. I bought one of the kits from HD and trashed them after a week.

The wall above my bench is pegged and holds all of my small clamps within easy reach and simple to put back.

6844a90b5c8d60ce4b4129a5c19f8a3a_zps7430

Count me in as a fan of pegboard too.

Definitely no tool outlines - the tools get moved around every time I buy a new one. I can see a missing tool because there is (a) a tool lying on the bench and (b ) an empty peg.

the little black plastic doodads that came with the pegs hold them in place and stop them wobbling just fine.

post-4067-0-76835600-1424739767_thumb.jp

I'm going to miss the handy pegboard tool storage once I get my bench set up in the new house.

I do the outline because I may have 10 tools off the board at once and then I go to put them back and have to think about it for a bit.

Yeah, I don't have a tool-well on my bench, and the garage floor had a slight drainage slope - tools left lying around tended to roll onto the floor - hence back onto the pegs as soon as I was done with them.

I do the outline because I may have 10 tools off the board at once and then I go to put them back and have to think about it for a bit.

The outline is good for when you lose a tool and the homicide detective comes to your shop.

"So this pegboard was the last thing the hammer saw, huh?"... <sips coffee, looks at outline on pegboard>.

Forensics: We think it was a hit and run...<bites tuna sandwich>...

<Rookie cop pukes>

Detective: Any suspec...What's HE doing here?

FBI Agent Festoolski: This is a federal case, Bosch...We have jurisdiction here now. Take your blue and red plastic car back to the station and recharge. We're sustaining the crime scene. Stack em boys!

<Detective Bosch lunges at FBI agent, only

to be held back by two young rookies>

Black: He's not worth it, Bosch!

Decker: c'mon Bosch, you're only 5 days from retirement.

Detective Bosch: I'm too old for this $%#}

FBI Agent Festoolski: Go back to the bench and collect dust, old timer. Oh that's right...you CAN'T collect dust! <heavy German laughter>

<Agent takes a closer look at the missing hammer's outline...slowly lowers his blade guard>

"Looks like this hammer, got nailed"

The Who: YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 2