Woodcraft Sale

I typically would agree until it's the fact I can walk in and buy anything I want for 10% off. Especially when sales tax is 9.25%...

9.25%?  Jeesh.  That might make me into a Tea Partier.

I am in the market for a Domino XL, and as much as I would like to buy it from the Woodcraft in my state, it would add another $80 to the purchase price.  I found several online vendors who do not charge WV sales tax, and the tax savings will go towards dominos or an additional cutter.

9.25%? Jeesh. That might make me into a Tea Partier.

I am in the market for a Domino XL, and as much as I would like to buy it from the Woodcraft in my state, it would add another $80 to the purchase price. I found several online vendors who do not charge WV sales tax, and the tax savings will go towards dominos or an additional cutter.

As per usual, Festool, Fein and others are excluded from the sale :(

-Jim

Correction: looks like Fein is on sale with a few other power tools. Festool of course is not...

9.25 - wow.  We have 6.25% here in MA, raised not that long ago from 5%.  We just got a new governor ®, and I'm hopeful it gets rolled back.

I like the Woodcraft Sales.  True, at the end of the day, it isn't a 'huge' savings because of their normal prices, but they have so many of them (sales) that you can almost always time your shopping for what you need.

9.25%?  Jeesh.  That might make me into a Tea Partier.

I am in the market for a Domino XL, and as much as I would like to buy it from the Woodcraft in my state, it would add another $80 to the purchase price.  I found several online vendors who do not charge WV sales tax, and the tax savings will go towards dominos or an additional cutter.

9.25 - wow.  We have 6.25% here in MA, raised not that long ago from 5%.  We just got a new governor ®, and I'm hopeful it gets rolled back.

I like the Woodcraft Sales.  True, at the end of the day, it isn't a 'huge' savings because of their normal prices, but they have so many of them (sales) that you can almost always time your shopping for what you need.

Regarding 9.25% sales tax... Live in Tennessee where we have no State Income Tax. I'll pay a higher consumption tax over income tax any day. ...but let's avoid the political conversation. haha.

Order as much as I can online from those without presence in TN to avoid it. Unfortunately in 2013 Amazon opened a huge distribution center here...

its not the same. Amazon's year round 15% off price is the normal retail price. If you comparison shop Amazon against woodcraft or acme tools (or any online retailer) you will see the prices are always the same. Well.... last year there was that little glitch where amazon was giving the powermatic discount twice (so stuff was actually ~30% off) but that was mistake.

Amazon doing a little clever (false) advertising.  Sneaky of them!

I was curious on this current sale so I comparison shopped Powermatic's bandsaw and tablesaw:

As of today:

BANDSAW 1500:

Woodcraft   $2900

Amazon      $2464

CPO            $2464

TABLESAW 2000:

Woodcraft   $2600

Amazon      $2600

CPO            $2800

I don't know if I'd have to pay taxes if I went Woodcraft because I have one locally.  I just looked at the first 2 big tools I could think of.  

Yes you would pay MO sales tax ordering from Woodcraft, Jeff.  At this point no taxes on AZ purchases...yet.  It's only a matter of time, though.  Mike is right about AZ pulling some tricky marketing schemes...they sometimes over-inflate the retail price to make their regular price look more appealing...which I find odd because they're usually very honest about pricing.  Regardless, PM and Jet is now 15% on AZ...I bought a lathe yesterday.

It appears that I was dead wrong about the Laguna sale being a manufacturer's sale, since I can't find the Woodcraft price for the 14/12 anywhere but at Woodcraft.  I find it baffling but apparently Woodcraft is getting some special treatment from Laguna for some reason.  But when you have to pay tax on the purchase you're not really gaining more than a percent or two discount, depending on the state you live in.  And it seems WC is sold out of the 14/12s, at least online.

• Like 1