Locking Miter Joint

I have some questions about this joint... From my research this appears to be a rather finicky joint to setup.  However it does seem, on the surface, to be a rather good way to ensure a nice strong miter joint.  Is it worth the trouble?  Is it significantly stronger?  I found the Infinity set and am considering a purchase. 

I have never used that tool or a locking miter joint personally. Whenever I cut miters and feel the need to strengthen or reinforce them, I will either cut a slot for a keyed miter with a slot cutter or use a flat ground blade to cut splines. I like both equally for strength. I prefer splines for looks and both are super easy to set up.

I have a white side locking miter. I love it. I bought the infinity jig. http://www.infinitytools.com/2-Pc-Lock-Miter-Master-Jig-Set-For-3_8-1-1_8-Stock-Setup/productinfo/00-LMM/ With the jig you can set it up in minutes. A couple reasons why I really like the locking miter. It doesn't slip when gluing. It glues up square. The problem that I have had with it is that the bit is pretty wide. I had to cut a hole in my router table so it would fit in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM me your address I send it to you usps with the receipt you send me a check, cash, money order to cover shipping. If you stiff me I'll just send my guys to break your knee caps..... na my guys are to busy  :)

What a kindness... You truly are one of the reasons this such a good place to be.  I mean the refraining from not breaking my kneecaps part of course... :)