Fishing net....trout beware!

looks good. since you just posted questions on bending im guessing it was fairly easy to bend.   you might be able to make those and sell them at tackle stores real fishermen who spend most of there time on the water spend thousands in equipment so you might be able to get a bit of cash out of that project if  you wanted too.

Good job Nick!  I'd like to build one, too, even though I don't carry a net...usually just use wet hands and the hemostats...or more frequently in my case, the "long-distance release."  <_<  But I have buddies who would love a net like that.

What's involved in the stringing of the net?  Would you wanna do a quick tutorial on that, or share a link where you learned how to do it?  That's the only part I'm a little foggy on.

I'm also supposed to be building some hexagonal rod tubes for a few people...been pushing that one off nearly a year now.  If I ever get to it I'll post about it.

Nice Japanese maple, too.  Those are my favorite trees.  I have a bunch of 'em.  :)

Bill, I ordered the net bag from bitterroot net company. It was around $20. There are certainly cheaper net bags out there but I've found the rubber bags are much easier on the fish and don't snag up on hooks.

Duck, the bending went pretty well. It wasn't too hard once I figured out the necessary thickness to avoid shattering the wood. The cherry needed to be a bit thinner than the walnut to accommodate the same radius.

Eric, I'm quite versed in the "long distance release" myself. :D Borodin net company has a website that shows an okay tutorial on how to string in the net bag. It's not hard to do, just tedious. Unfortunately I didn't document that process with any pics or video. I love the rod tube idea! I may have to give that a try myself. I've been wanting to incorporate the same concept to make some countertop kitchen canisters for flour, sugar, pasta, etc. I love Japanese maples as well. I was just at my local farmers market and saw a great one but they wanted $500! Had to pass.

TR, I definitely recommend giving it a shot. Fun build that goes fairly quick and doesn't use much wood. What more can u ask for? The fish in the net is a wine bottle balancer, so naturally, he hit on a cheese egg! Badda bing!