MAN! It's cold outside! My Glue ain't gunna freeze this year.

ChetlovesMer

Tonight is a plane polishing night cause it is too cold to do anything outside. I had decided not to out live my beer and wine collections, So I have started to enjoy them instead of letting the gather dust.  I am enjoying two stouts cooled by Jack Frost's breath. A 3Floyds Blot Out the Sun and Dragon's Milk by New Holland. The vanilla, caramel, and boozy start of the Blot finished into roasted malt and hints of pepper. The Dragon's Milk had intense vanilla start that mellowed into oak and bourbon tones that left me wanting another but that is enough for one night and keep the plane polishing going. 

• Like 2

I like about anything Sam Adams and Leinenkugel. All I have at the moment is some original Coors, in the stubby bottles, and Some "Very Old Barton bourbon" Which I think I like as well as my Crown Royal.

so where is this party happening, I'll have to crash it, as long as i dont have to drink any Miller Light

You're just mad because you can't steal all of our widest boards for your castles anymore, Wemmick.  :D

Factoid (learned this when we vacationed in Boston a few years ago and did all the Revolutionary War touristy stuff):

Back in the colonial days, landowners didn't have the right to fell and sell or use any lumber on their property...the right of first refusal of any trees or lumber was given to the King of England.  And they took all of the widest boards to build the lavish living quarters for the nobles.  EXCEPT in the case of a tree that was blown over in a storm...that, the landowner could keep, for whatever inexplicable reason.  Hence, the word windfall.  At least according to the Concord/Lexington tour guide we had that day.  I thought it was interesting.

Just wanted to post a quick update.

The heat was off in my shop over the weekend and the outside temp dropped to about 10 degrees F.

But my glue was kept at a perfect 60 degrees by my little device. I hung out in the shop for a while and noticed that it only runs for like a minute or two ever hour. So, I think it'll be a while before that bulb burns out.

Just wanted to post a quick update.

The heat was off in my shop over the weekend and the outside temp dropped to about 10 degrees F.

But my glue was kept at a perfect 60 degrees by my little device. I hung out in the shop for a while and noticed that it only runs for like a minute or two ever hour. So, I think it'll be a while before that bulb burns out.

Looks like a success there Chet :)

Keep in mind even though you keep the your glue warm you still have to keep the materials somewhat warm and drying temps somewhat warm. You shouldn't keep the glue warm then do your glue up in a cold shop with cold materials. All woodworking glues have a chalk temp. Turn on the heat well in advance or drag it all into the house.

That's a nice looking shop you got there Dave

Erics' room is as wide as my 'shop' is long. When I open the door it is 2' from the far wall. Cats have no fear of entering as they know they will never be swung around. Almost 10% of the floor space is taken up by the combi-boiler. I like it 'cos it's got wood in it :)

• Like 1