Faces

wouldwurker

Can anybody recommend any yeaaa haarr music for a Brit to listen to? I like guitar based stuff but will listen to anything at least once. I can get loads of country and bluegrass stations on web radio nowadays. Just need pointing in the right direction to broaden my horizons.

I know this a rock thread Vin so apologies for asking the question (LOL just realised I said sorry a very peculiar British trait).

Can anybody recommend any yeaaa haarr music for a Brit to listen to? I like guitar based stuff but will listen to anything at least once. I can get loads of country and bluegrass stations on web radio nowadays. Just need pointing in the right direction to broaden my horizons.

I know this a rock thread Vin so apologies for asking the question (LOL just realised I said sorry a very peculiar British trait).

Try Calexico or Alejandro Escovedo they are kind of alt.country

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

Sorry Terry hope you didn't take that the wrong way...my question was more of what is the UK's equivalent to our country/western music.

I only know of Ipswich because I used to work for a British company who would send us New Yorkers out of there for "reprogramming" if we asked too many questions.

Ahh understood no offence taken :)

That's just it, we don't actually have an equivalent of CW and there aren't any music stations on the radio dedicated to it. We have almost every other popular music genre covered. Thankfully now, due in no small part to the internet, we can access anything from Abyssian nose flute music to ZZ Top back to back.

I picked up a set of Danny Gatton tuition DVD's. Man he was superb chicken pickin and all round guitar great. I made a Telecaster clone last January in homage to him. Thought I might pick up a few tips from CW radio but a lot of what I heard was with pedal steel. I don't fancy building one of those.

Not sure how I forgot about this thread...

Disclaimer: Opinions contained, you've been warned. ;)

Anyway, I saw something about Clapton. Nope, most overrated guitarist in the history of he world. Can't stand the guy. Knopfler runs circles around him.

Pink Floyd? Well yeah, I like them. But my favorite version of comfortably numb is with Bowie singing it with Gilmour.

I could live happily if I never heard zeppelin again. Can't get passed the blatant ripoffs. I sing along and crank it up when it comes on, but not something I seek out.

Been over this too, but my favorite stretch of music is Genesis with Peter Gabriel. Also love Rush, Porcupine Tree, Counting Crows, and a few metal bands most of you haven't heard of.

I also get into solo guitar stuff, Vai, Satch, Gilbert and Malmsteen to name a few. Hendrix was the reason I picked up a guitar, Jack Bruce is the reason I play bass. Stu Hamm is also in the top bassists. Also one hell of a guy.

Not sure how I forgot about this thread...

I also get into solo guitar stuff, Vai, Satch, Gilbert and Malmsteen to name a few. Hendrix was the reason I picked up a guitar, Jack Bruce is the reason I play bass. Stu Hamm is also in the top bassists. Also one hell of a guy.

Cmon, though. How much Malmsteen can anyone actually listen to?

Vai gets bonus points for transcribing for Zappa, and dueling Ralph Maccio in Crossroads.