My Jointer

AstroDave

BTW: it may be a bit late, but HTC has a custom-build shop for mobile bases. It went bust a few years ago, but is now back... I ordered custom bases for all my heavy kit (up to about 2000lbs) and had them ready to go when the riggers uncrated set the gear... For something like the PM8" or 12", they may have it in stock...

Thanks TripleH... I did purchase the mobile base for the jointer from Powermatic but may have to get that installed after the fact.  We will see if they can get it done as well.  Once it's in place I can rent a hoist for 30bucks and take the hour or so to raise it and position the base if I have to...

Update... the piano movers will be delivering the jointer tomorrow morning.  They will get it to the house uncrate it...moved to it's final position all for $385.  Which based on other quotes of upwards of $1000 wasn't bad.  So if all goes well my jointer will be smokin by tomorrow night :)  Well hopefully not really smokin but you catch my drift...are you picking up what I'm layin down...are ya jive with my lingo... sorry just a little excited :)

I smell what you're steppin in

• Like 1

Dave,

I have a 1ton chain hoist you can use when your ready for the mobile base install.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Just PM me when you need it.

Careful with that thing.  I had one and it couldn't handle 600 pounds.  Snap-ola and just about left me a toe-less gimp.  I won't mention where I got it but it rhymes with Garbor Breight.