Grizzly Contact

N00b-in-training

Does anyone have a high up contact at Grizzly? Yesterday they were offering the G0690 for $1150, $350 off. I called in to discuss a 2 week delayed shipment and they said they can hold it for 10 days and I could call back in today to order. I called in this morning to order the G0690 and G0490 (8" parallelogram jointer) and they are refusing to honor the price. "It came from higher ups that we're not to honor the price". 

I'd like to call/email the "higher ups" to get this straightened out.

Sure wish I could help you. $350 off the regular price of the saw sounds like a huge savings. I just looked up the G0690 and it's on sale but not for $1150. It's $1399 plus freight. Where did you find the lower price? Maybe they made a pricing mistake and were covering their butts?

Sure wish I could help you. $350 off the regular price of the saw sounds like a huge savings. I just looked up the G0690 and it's on sale but not for $1150. It's $1399 plus freight. Where did you find the lower price? Maybe they made a pricing mistake and were covering their butts?

It was showing $1150 yesterday online and was confirmed via phone. I'm with you, I think it was a mistake and they are trying to get out of it.

It was showing $1150 yesterday online and was confirmed via phone. I'm with you, I think it was a mistake and they are trying to get out of it.

I sympathize for you, because that is a really crappy thing to do. But, I don't think they will be giving you that price without actual documentation of the aforementioned discount. You might try to ask of the recording of your conversation. Don't all customer service companies do that now?

Or, they could be like Walmart here, and refuse to show proof of their claim. We bought $150 in gift cards, and found out they weren't in the bag when we got home. Called the store, they reviewed the film, and said my fiances mom put them in her purse and left. Thing is...no one with us was carrying a purse or anything close to it. We asked to see the footage ourselves, and they would not oblige. Then they retracted their story, and then went with something else. Never did get our $150 in gift cards.

Maybe you can go into your history on you computer and find the page with those prices, copy and paste the link in an email to them.  I use safari and it saves a week at a time, so like right now I can look at everything back to last Wed.

It was likely a price error, and I'm sure they have some written verbage that protects them from giving away hundreds of dollars per purchase, should that be the case.  Shiraz Balolia is the owner.  Bill Croffutt used to be their Quality manager.  Those are the only two names I know there.

ok. so I just ordered the 690 on the 22nd expecting to pay 1495, but when they actually charged my account the next day the price they charged me for the saw was $1150. 

1 G0690 10" CABINET SAW W/RIVING KNIFE(MULTIBOX) $1,150.00

Shipped

no explaination and I haven't tried to call yet either to see why. Not sure if I should either lol.

ok. so I just ordered the 690 on the 22nd expecting to pay 1495, but when they actually charged my account the next day the price they charged me for the saw was $1150.

1 G0690 10" CABINET SAW W/RIVING KNIFE(MULTIBOX) $1,150.00

Shipped

no explaination and I haven't tried to call yet either to see why. Not sure if I should either lol.

Well, if you already paid for it, I don't think they can come back and say, "give me more money."

This could add fuel to original authors argument.

they preauthorized it for 1600ish, yesterday there was a pending transaction from them in my bank account for 1300 and just looking at my bank account now I don't see the charge anymore. I'll get back to you when I figure it out.

If you have that amount quoted in your account, the link you copied, I'd fight to have that price honored. You have legitimate in text proof that they said they were going to charge you $1,150.00

Just got off with customer service. They said they screwed up and are going to honor the price, but it was a mistake. So I guess I got really lucky. I don't know if anyone else ordered one when I did cause they knew who I was just from telling them the saw I ordered so I might be the only one. Plus I got the 10% military discount too.

• Like 1

I actually emailed Balolia yesterday explaining my situation, it was worth 5 minutes to get $350 off that I was originally quoted. Today I received a voicemail from his assistant that they'll honor the price I was quoted on Monday. Score!

Grizzly's customer service is phenomenal and makes me want to send my in flight order for a Laguna 1412 bandsaw back and order the Grizzly G0457 bandsaw.

TWO THUMBS UP FOR GRIZZLY!

I actually emailed Balolia yesterday explaining my situation, it was worth 5 minutes to get $350 off that I was originally quoted. Today I received a voicemail from his assistant that they'll honor the price I was quoted on Monday. Score!

Grizzly's customer service is phenomenal and makes me want to send my in flight order for a Laguna 1412 bandsaw back and order the Grizzly G0457 bandsaw.

Good to hear it worked out for you in the end. Stories like these are what people come across and help them make that decision to go with Grizzly if they are in the decision process. For a forum as popular as this, this should help them in the long run.

Well that's good news. I feel the same way, I saved a ton of money but now I'll probably end up buying more from Grizzly than I intended.