Bell plaque

Tom Cancelleri

Profile routed, holes drilled for mounting stuff. 14d74a965910821967b9e6d9e7ece34e.jpgcfa00fdb36f0b8aa5154f24e4fe8fc78.jpg Maker's Mark 9658395973b742e969ec139a7818db05.jpg Sanded to 220. Hand sanding all the routed profile sucks. Knocked that out in 15 minutes. First coat of Danish oil. Which I'm a bit mad at myself, I dented the boards on my painters pyramid while holding the board and wiping off. Now I gotta sand the Danish oil off after it cures and steam out the 3 dents and and and refinish. Grumble grumble 808c73de708a300f2af8805659e8ac8c.jpg Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I would just steam the dents, sand them, then apply another coat of Danish oil. Danish oil is in the wood finish and trying to sand it out will suck and probably not make a difference. 

Might as well throw these in your Lee Valley cart.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=20183&cat=1,42500

That brings me to 1002! Pretty much as close as possible Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

First coat was heavy, it flattened out nicely. Second coat was much lighter. Third coat I might thin it a bit . 

Just went out to the shop to check the second coat. Leveled out nice, no longer looks wet, starting to look really awesome. I used Satin ARS for this. I've used ARS twice before, this is the third time and I must say, application has been much better the third time around.

Edited by Tom Cancelleri

I dilute my final coat 50/50 with mineral spirits and apply fast and thin.  This helps prevent the streaks you sometimes get from overworking full strength ARS, and it dries faster so there's not as much time for dust and bugs to settle in the surface.  Wait a week and wet polish with a 1,000 grit Platin pad with 50/50 mineral oil/mineral spirits.  Smooth as a baby's butt.

• Like 1

This will help your patience when doing film finishes 

http://www.amazon.com/Fuji-2904-T70-Mini-Mite-Spray-System/dp/B00D4NPMJO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1440334797&sr=8-2&keywords=fuji+mini+mite+4

I have a mini mite 4, but for small projects it's hard to justify taking it out. 

This one to be exact

fuji_spray_mini_mite_4_g_xpc_gravity_hvl

Edited by Tom Cancelleri