Festool ETS Brushless Eccentric Sanders

Tom Cancelleri

If you plan to sand your finishes, then I agree with Mike.  If you don't, then I disagree.  For raw wood finish sanding, the difference in appearance between the 150/5 and 150/3 is not perceptible to the human eye once you get beyond 120 or 180.  But the 150/5 does sand faster, which is huge if you hate sanding as much as me.

What if you sand with much higher grit on finishes with the 150/5 than you would with the 150/3? Like 800 grit? I have never power sanded between coats of anything always by hand with around 400-600 grit. But if it would be possible with this sander maybe i would consider it. Im always worried about destroying my finish.

My 150/3 is almost 10 years old. When the quick disconnect socket wore out last year I figured if I was taking it apart I would replace the brushes. Parts were very reasonably priced . I get it open and less than 1/2 of each brush was worn off. This is after almost daily use in my small professional shop. So I see little reason to buy brushless. Size and weight differences might influence a decision but I haven't played with one of the new ones.

Never tried a 150-5 but the 150-3 is only slow when using the coarsest grits like 80 and 60 etc.

• Like 2

Shane

Would you just buy the entire fleet already, then any application you need will be taken care of.  You know that you will eventually, just do it now, it will only hurt until all those systainers arrive and you breath that new tool smell!

and it'll hurt when the wife sees that debit in the account. .