Very Super Cool Tools fence

Andy Wright

I bought the fence setup from VSC Tools, and was very impressed with the product. I replaced my Biesemeyer fence on a Delta Unisaw

A few notes:

1) the fit and finish are very nice

2) installation was very easy (15 minutes to assemble, install and calibrate)

4) Works great and it is nice to be able to use attachments. It gives me cleaner cuts than my old fence which had a variation of around +/-1/32" in flatness over the length of the fence

• Like 1

Here are some pics of the fence. It was nice that the fence dropped right into my existing Biesemeyer fence rails. As i said earlier, The fit and finish of the product was high quality

IMG_20151105_080432184_HDR_(2).thumb.jpg

Here is a side by side of my old fence and the VSC fence. As you can see from the picture, the new fence is longer. As i was taking this picture, another thing that occurred to me is that if you have a router table in your table saw, you either modify your old fence to be a dedicated router table fence, or you could buy a second VSC fence to use as a dedicated router table fenceIMG_20151105_080527941_HDR.thumb.jpg.0bb

Final picture is of my Board Buddies installed on the VSC fence (sorry it is blurry) When I upgraded from my old contractor saw to a cabinet saw, I never put together a way to attach them to my Biesemeyer fence. I dont use the Board Buddies all of the time, but they are great for cutting sheet goods and ripping long pieces of stock because they hold the material tight against the fence. IMG_20151105_080356265.thumb.jpg.ee49cfa

Congrats Andy. Did you buy a couple components and build your own, or did you buy it all as a package? I get a little lost on the VSCT site whenever I go looking to see what I'd need to upgrade...

Joseph - I bought the fence complete, but I already had a rail installed on my saw.

http://vsctools.com/shop/table-saw-fence/

if you need the guide rail, it looks pretty simple to make using the free plans on the VSC website. You would just need to go to a steel yard to buy the material, and it appears that it can be built with a drill and hacksaw

make-your-own-guide-rail

• 3 months later...

Im a few months in to owning my vsct fence. Gah, can that guy change the name of his company already? Unisaw just like andy, so the fence head was plug n play on my existing rails. It is a good fence so far. I havent used the tnuts too much, but I just appreciate how flat and straight it is. My biesmeyer was not, and that is the reason I got rid of it. vsct is expensive, but it appears to be pretty good. Andy, did you buy the 48" fence? I have the standard 42-43" fence, and i positioned mine so the fence ends where the middle of my splitter is. One, I like the extra runway reference surface. Two, it doesnt interfere with my cut after the fact.