Dumb Question - Table Saw

chrisphr

Spent some time assembling the new Jet Xacta-saw delux that recently arrived. Thing is, I haven't come across a power cord yet. Does a power cord not come with it? The instructions don't seem to be clear that this is user supplied, thought I'd throw the question out there before heading to the hardware store to get one. Also, I'll call Jet Monday on this, but has anybody successfully obtained touch up paint from Jet? There is a small section where the paint rubbed off in shipping on the motor housing. It's not a big deal, just want to give it a shot of paint before it becomes an entry point for rust. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont own any jet but my powermatic machines werent wired from the factory. My dealer wired them up for me. I guess jet must be the same.

Thanks for the response, I think you are right. Lowes has some #10 3 conductor that should do the trick. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My Grizzly cabinet saw and jointer came fully plumbed ... I guess wired ... for 220/240.  The Grizzly bandsaw had nothing - I had to supply wire and plug end.  Not really a big deal as I had appropriate wire on hand already - took about 15 minutes.

thats weird about the grizzly band saw. Mine came wired up.

There are a number of different local codes that affect the plug used. Those machines go to quite a few different countries, states, cities etc.

And there is no real universal standard for what outlet style you will use as there are many available choices. So they let the user use the plug that they are used for the outlet.