Did something just happen?

bgreenb

I just used the search feature for the first time since this latest up date and it isn't real useful... not the way it used to be.  I even tried doing searches that I had done in the past and didn't get the same results.  What we have now reminds me of the internet a decade or so back were the search brings up anything that contain any of the words in your search.  Can we go back in time to the previous version. :wacko:  I think what we have now is anything but an improvement, especially for older computer duffers like my self.  If you live and work around the computers it is no problem to find ways to make what we have work.  But I am not enjoying this forum at the moment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

I just used the search feature for the first time since this latest up date and it isn't real useful... not the way it used to be.  I even tried doing searches that I had done in the past and didn't get the same results.  What we have now reminds me of the internet a decade or so back were the search brings up anything that contain any of the words in your search.  Can we go back in time to the previous version. :wacko:  I think what we have now is anything but an improvement, especially for older computer duffers like my self.  If you live and work around the computers it is no problem to find ways to make what we have work.  But I am not enjoying this forum at the moment.

Someone clued me in on Google advanced search. You can Google and limit results to WTO. 

https://www.google.com/advanced_search

Thanks Daniel and C Shaffer.  I got it now, I just wish I wasn't having to go through the frustrating process of re-figuring out how to do things on the computer when there are changes.  In my retired state I want to do things other then trying to keep up with the computer.:blink:

Daniel  I am going to have to print out your post on the other thread and keep it for a cheat sheet.

2 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

Thanks Daniel and C Shaffer.  I got it now, I just wish I wasn't having to go through the frustrating process of re-figuring out how to do things on the computer when there are changes.  In my retired state I want to do things other then trying to keep up with the computer.:blink:

Daniel  I am going to have to print out your post on the other thread and keep it for a cheat sheet.

In my non-retired state I completely agree. 

• Like 2

In my non-retired state I completely agree. 

Sometimes it would be nice if the digital tools we depend on were as intuitive and simple as a hammer.

Sometimes I want to use a hammer on my computer.

While the system doesn't allow me to override the built-in search functionality like it used to, it does allow me to create custom pages where I can drop in the Google Custom Search code. So on the top menu you'll see "Google Search." It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it does work.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, thewoodwhisperer said:

While the system doesn't allow me to override the built-in search functionality like it used to, it does allow me to create custom pages where I can drop in the Google Custom Search code. So on the top menu you'll see "Google Search." It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it does work.

It certainly works fine. Thanks Marc!