Did something just happen?

bgreenb

Did the forum just go to hell in a hand basket for anyone else?  I got kicked from chat and now the forum looks totally different and is barely functional. I can't type replies in the reply box on chrome or I.E. (I'm typing this on my phone which seems to work a little better). WTF?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I try to keep my whining about the updates to a bare minimum...but I can't live without the "new content" button.  I see the "unread content" options but every one of them is a cluster-you-know-what.

Yes that was my default view also. I made a custom stream using this setting and made it default which is close to what we used to have.

NewContent.thumb.PNG.c115d794d56c453f124

• Like 1

"New Content" is now called "Unread Content", and it's pretty much in the same place.  The problem is, as far as a can tell, you can't specify which forums/topics you want to see when you click "Unread Content".

Instead, you have to create a "New Stream" (I named mine, "New Content").  I specified "Unread Content" and listed the forums I wanted to follow, saved it as a new stream, viewed that stream and checked that it was configured the way I wanted, and then bookmarked that URL.  After all that, I'm basically back to where I was before the upgrade.  I click on the bookmark, and getthe new content in the forums I follow.

[edit] It's annoying that when I want to check for more articles, I need to click on Streams and select my custom stream, instead of just clicking on "New Content".