Griz longevity.

Brendon_t

For what it's worth, I have a PM 14" bandsaw. I had a similar rather catastrophic failure while applying tension. Called PM and they sent the part quickly. Easy fix. Anything made by man can break. To be fair, though, I was trying to tension a ¾" blade. Made quite a racket. I won't ever do that again. (That was before WTO. I know better now.)

Email them a pic. Several months after getting my cyclone I finally got around to installing it and found this when I opened the filter box. Sent a pic and BOOM!, reply email a couple of hours later saying replacement was on the way. A lot easier than being on the phone trying to explain crap.

IMG_0365_zpsld2wosdo.jpg~original

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update,  I ordered the parts from grizz to repair, received the parts last night and installed this morning.  After installing the new parts,  I gave everything a good spin with my finger.  There was a lateral wobble.  I had the blade tensioned and checked wheels.  The bottom wheel is bent. I haven't taken a dial indicator to it yet but the front back sway is visible. Not super stoked.

23 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

The warranty ends Feb 14th  so I'm sure they'd like me to go away for two weeks. . Then come back and pay for everything. .

Do you think the bottom wheel got damaged when the saw broke or are they all off a bit and your looking to hard..Im just asking Brendon because my delta wheels are not that great also.

7 minutes ago, mat60 said:

Do you think the bottom wheel got damaged when the saw broke or are they all off a bit and your looking to hard..Im just asking Brendon because my delta wheels are not that great also.

It would be foolish of me too guess.  I know the to wheel has no visible wobble,  I know the lower does, and never noticed it before.  

With the rapid de-tensioning, I would think the upper wheel would have felt it most but who knows

Hope you can get your saw fixed to your liking man because it would stink to hate the dam thing every time you use it...I dislike my 2 year old 8in shop fox jointer but Im stuck with it for now..Im thinking about using my 6in  open bace delta  for when I dont need the 8.

If the saw doesn't get performing to my liking,  I'll be ditching it for the LT18 or PM 1500. Most likely the Laguna since the pm alone would out price ever other machine in my shop combined. 

Im confused. The pm1500 is more expensive than the Laguna lt18 where you live?? Its the other way around here by a long shot.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Rockler has them listed at $2199

You guys are talking about the LT18 HD model. 

Ahhhhhh, you are talking about the Lt18-3000. Thats the China made version. I had originally bought that one but sent it back. IF you get this model be sure you can inspect it and see that it functions perfectly at the dealer before you buy it. 

20 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Brendon I'd check the specs (weight, horsepower, etc) of the PM1500 against the $2200 laguna.  I'd rather have an overbuilt 15" saw than an underbuilt 18" saw.   I forget what my 1500 cost, I think it was $2300 during the 15% off sale.  

I definately will be.    Those were just the top of mind options