New addition to small shop

Stricklines

11 minutes ago, Virginia Mark said:

There's always Amazon. I ditched the dust bag on my HF dust collector and went to Wynn Environmental and bought a pleated cartridge filter, it works fantastic 

Mark, have you cleaned it yet? I've gotten to the point twice, where mine just completely quit sucking  because the filter was packed. For those of you that have these filters, how do you clean them? I've had to beat, scrape and blow, using a respirator. Mine too is on a HF dc. 

Btw, I believe the 650 is the 1 hp model,  you may want to reconsider the 1 micron bag as it can severely choke up your system.  I have a 1.5hp powermatic unit that I put a 5 micron bag on up top and the  drop in suction was very evident.  

If you have a 1 micron bag, fine dust could  choke you up pretty quickly.

I take the collector bag off the bottom of the unit and use my ridgid shop vac with one extension tube on and the 2" wide attachment and carefully suck the dust out from between the pleats. It's a pain in the ass because it's really hard to see what your doing. 

Ken, I think the best way to solve our filter clogging problems is adding a cyclone to the system so the dust drops into a container before it gets to the filter

7 hours ago, Robby W said:

Take a look at the Super Dust deputy from Oneida-air.com. It works pretty well. Pay a lot o attention to keeping hose lengths short or even better, plumb it with rigid ductwork. That will help make up for the losses of the cyclone.

This is what I did and I am very pleased.  A possible answer to your original question might be something like this, http://www.grizzly.com/products/Replacement-Canister-Filter-for-G0583Z/T23129.   This was a direct fit for my HF DC.