Tool Chest Build

pkinneb

Thanks TIODS! 

shaneymack Thanks! Yes l will be leaving them proud like Mike did on the original. The only changes so far will be the tools/layout and I am also thinking of doing some kind of embellishment on the underside of the top panels but haven't decided yet since I have not actually done that before. I was looking at the lid Jameel Abraham did on the inside of the Chris Schwarz chest. Not that fancy but maybe something along those lines. After the glue up tonight I will begin working on the two drawers to give me some time to research and think about that a little more.

Thanks TIODS! 

shaneymack Thanks! Yes l will be leaving them proud like Mike did on the original. The only changes so far will be the tools/layout and I am also thinking of doing some kind of embellishment on the underside of the top panels but haven't decided yet since I have not actually done that before. I was looking at the lid Jameel Abraham did on the inside of the Chris Schwarz chest. Not that fancy but maybe something along those lines. After the glue up tonight I will begin working on the two drawers to give me some time to research and think about that a little more.

This is the chest Mike uses to travel with i believe? Will you use it to travel as well or will it stay in the shop?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

LOL nah if I had to do it again I would go with the one shaneymack reviewed from Veritas if for nothing else the micro adjustment. On this jig you just move the fence so its not really a micro adjustment per se. Once you get it set it works great though. Also I think his kit was not to much more than I paid for the 1/4 and 3/8" jigs from Elkhead.

Thanks guys!

shaneymack that's my new Woodriver 4 1/2 smoother. Haven't had time to clean it up and prep it for work. Picked it up at the Woodcraft 20% off sale for $136. The nice thing about this chest is that the dividers are not permanently installed so you can change it up if the need arises.

Not much progress in the last few days between fathers day and being a bit under the weather but I did manage to get the top section dividers completed, for now at least. They may change as I use the chest but for now pretty much set. I will cut a drawer key holder into one of the blocks at the front then on to the drawers.

TC 57.JPG

TC 58.JPG

• Like 2