Tool Chest Build

pkinneb

4 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Wow, Looks incredible! Very nice work, you are one awesome woodworker! I like the simple lid retainer that's a great idea.

Thanks for sharing this, it's been great to follow along.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks shaneymack!

4 hours ago, gee-dub said:

I'm loving that lid retainer. Nice touch :-)

Thanks gee-dub! I can't take credit for the design that was from the plans but I was surprised how well it worked out :) 

• 2 weeks later...

That's one Helluva fine tool chest! As I recall from earlier, you are taking this to a school? How do you propose to keep the drawers shut during transit, or is that a problem? And from the looks of the chest, you are one of the instructors, right?

Thank you all for the kind comments I really appreciate it!! I found this to be a challenge to my skills but I learned so much it was the perfect project for me or anyone else wanting to stretch your hand tool skills. 

19 hours ago, K Cooper said:

That's one Helluva fine tool chest! As I recall from earlier, you are taking this to a school? How do you propose to keep the drawers shut during transit, or is that a problem? And from the looks of the chest, you are one of the instructors, right?

Coop the drawers have locks so no issues there. LOL not quite but thanks for the kind words.

11 hours ago, Chestnut said:

The question on my mind now is how much does it weigh fully loaded?

I am going to weigh it tonight my guess would be 12-15 empty and 60 full we'll see how close I get LOL

10 hours ago, shaneymack said:

For the love of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches take that plane out of the bag !!!!!

I promise this week LOL

1 minute ago, pkinneb said:

Ok I was way off on empty it was 29 lbs (I said 12-15) but close on full at 61. I had figured about 60 so I was close on that one.

That's not bad. I would have been surprised if it was 15 lbs empty. Filled at 60 lbs isn't too bad. That's lighter then a DW735 that i lift around regularly.

17 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

That's not bad. I would have been surprised if it was 15 lbs empty. Filled at 60 lbs isn't too bad. That's lighter then a DW735 that i lift around regularly.

LOL yeah I was off on that but honestly the butternut is like waaay light. I wish I would have weighed the original board it was like 13" wide 1" ish thick and about 10' long and I was shocked when I picked up the board at how little it weighed. Pekovich  definitely made the right choice for a project like this.

• Like 2