reply issue/problem

Tom King

Any time I hit the "reply" button in a thread I've already posted in, any post I've already made in that thread comes up as if I'm going to edit that post.   I can't find a work-around, and that's the reason I don't post more than I do.

I would like for a "reply" to simply be another reply in the thread, rather than going back and adding it to my earlier post, which just gets lost, and is out of place.

In my experience, you will not add to a prior post. For some reason, the editor sometimes stores the text from your prior post. If you delete that text and post new content, your prior post will remain and a new post will be created. I also think this forum requires more frequent browser maintenance than I am used to. It seems I need to dump my cache and cookies every couple of weeks. I am not complaining, it is just that I have not needed to do this to keep other sites running on my browsers. 

• Like 2

Hmm, I don't think I've run into what you have. If I reply, and the last post in the thread is mine, the forum automatically combines/concatenates them, but I think that's working as intended. I have noticed drafts sticking around longer than expected, but nothing like editing a previous post.