New Bosch goodies coming soon

bushwacked

Link doesn't work. I read one review of the 12v max trim router. It seemed workable but they had one of the square base higher amp hour batteries on it. 

I've got the 12v saber saw & a square base battery for it. Had it for a few months and it comes in real handy. Grab it & make a few cuts instead of running a cord. Cuts a little slower than my 20+year old corded Bosch saber saw but it gets the job done. Blade change is super easy. I've cut metal & wood & ply with it

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

png isn't recognized by the forum software have to convert to jpg and try again. I wish there was a solution for this becuase i run accross .png often. My guess is they don't want to pay the royalty to be able to use it.

AFAIK the PNG image format is royalty free. It was the GIF one that involved royalties to Compuserve based on the compression algorithm, but I think that's all over.

21 minutes ago, Immortan D said:

AFAIK the PNG image format is royalty free. It was the GIF one that involved royalties to Compuserve based on the compression algorithm, but I think that's all over.

Yep your right. For some reason i thought Microsoft owned the rights to PNG.

I was recently at the WEN warehouse (only a few minutes from my house) picking up a "refurbished" grinder stand (really it was just a return because the box was damaged in shipping) when I discovered that they too are in the tracksaw game.  Refurbished, they were asking $106...

2 hours ago, bushwacked said:

Weird. I’m uploading through Tapatalk like I always have ... was there an update in one of our 2 systems??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that the system has ever allowed png. It depends on what created the image and if they saved it as a jpg or png.

The Bosch is a licensed Mafell saw and while there has been a lot of discussion over the past couple of years (it has been available in the UK and Europe for a while) regarding who actually makes the motor or other parts there has been no consensus, I think Bosch makes the entire saw.  The key here is it is not a cheaper TS 55 alternative but a cheaper version of the Mafell MT55cc.  They both use the SOTA Mafell track design and based on the pre-order prices the Bosch will be about $850 for the saw and two 63" tracks and a connector, the Mafell in the same configuration a little over $1300.  This puts the Bosch very much on par price wise with the Festool TS 55.  The track design is MUCH better than Festool or any of the "copy cat" versions. 

I was somewhat happy with the news the Bosch  (some people have imported them from the UK)  because I had been considering a more powerful saw than my TS 55 for more thick hardwood work but I was not fond of buying into a whole new track system despite how good it is.  My choice got made for me yesterday when eBay had the sitewide 20% off sale (max discount $100) and I picked up a TS 75 from Hartville for $560.  

If one isn't already invested heavily in a track system the Bosch is worth a hard look, most of the Mafell benefits at $450 less for the basic setup, the scoring feature is the main loss as translated from red to blue.  Bosch is also bringing their really nice router base (IIRC $80) which makes another small step toward having a more Festool ecosystem.