Leaf Blower Recomendations

Chestnut

24 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I'm one of Stihl's best customers, but when it comes to blowing leaves, we use a 13hp Billy Goat.   If you want to get rid of the rocks, it'll blow them into your neighbor's yard.   I've had ours since the mid '90's.  I bought it from a rental place that had only rented it twice.  It had a B&S 11 hp on it then, but that has long since been worn out, or at least to the point that I got tired of fooling with it, and replaced it with a 13hp Honda.   The first lady that rented it couldn't start it, and the second one blew some Boxwoods out of the ground with it that she had just planted.

The 13 hp one starts at 3:57 in this video.    We have a gulley in the woods beside our house that leaves get blown into.  It might take me 15 minutes to do the whole yard.  They make them self-propelled now, but it's not hard at all to push around.

That is sweet I may have to look into one of those things.

I let a guy here, with a 1/2 acre on the lake borrow it a couple of years ago.   The next year, he bought one of the new self-propelled ones.

We have two dogs yards with grass that get mowed short with a bagger mower, sometimes twice a week.  The Billy Goat follows and keeps any cut grass leavings out of the dogs fur, and off the floor in the house.

In the Fall, I let the guys that work for me take it to town where leaves can be blown onto the curb, and the city vacuums it up.  They can do several blocks in a day, and can't wait for that time to come because they make more money those days than any other time.

I never said I don't want a Honda. :)   What I should of said they are priced over my and others budget.  I just bought a 2000 watt inverter generator.  I wanted a Honda but they are $1000 so I ended up getting a Champion for $400.  They are both 2000 watt inverter generators.  I have no doubt the Honda would last longer but for the 5 or 6 times a year I will use it and the fact the price was within my reach that's what I have. 

If I was buying new lawn equipment (trimmer, blower, mower, hedge trimmer, etc). I would buy the Echo 58v or EGO 56v cordless stuff.  I believe Stihl has offerings as well.  I'm tired of dealing with gas and gas/oil mixtures for different things.  I just don't have the need for super heavy duty stuff.

I've had my EGO 56v 21" self propelled mower for a month or so and I'm very happy with it. Charges pretty quick , starts every time at the push of a button. I find myself stopping to prune something or pick up a piece of trash knowing it will restart every time.  Variable speed on the self propelled feature is nice too. It folds up and stores vertically so I hit the underside with a brush while the grass is still soft after each use. It's so quiet. I've had my cordless weed eater , blower and hedge trimmers for several years . I'm going to dispose of my gas cans.