Your input is appreciated

Cesar I. Rios

I have the opportunity to buy one of this two machines. Both are 12" and have helical cutter heads. The price is the same on both.

The Laguna is a more expensive machine when new  but the company no longer sells it as far as I have been able to research, finding parts could be an issue. The way it changes from jointer to planer seems to me like it would be kind of awkward as compared to the Jet.

Thanks In advance for any input

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: one or more people

• Cesar I. Rios changed the title to Your input is appreciated

Personally I'd go with the jet. It seems like a better design if the machine is against a wall. With space around all sides it doesn't seem like it makes as much of a difference. The laguna is probably fine but the fact they don't make it any more raises red flags.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I’ve been away for a time. I aboslutley recommend the Jet, although I don’t have th helical head version. A search should bring up my review. I just started a new project and it did its job well. The only negative I can think of is the dust collection while in planing mode. It’s not horrible but also not great.