Morris Chair Cushion option

TomD

Exponentially yes....

You'll need to make sure to get some webbing in your seat frame odds are the cushion isn't going to have support and will fall through.

I did find these places when i was mentally designing a couch that i wanted to made and they appear to offer good value. The materials are very costly I'm not sure what the foam and batting cost but i do know that custom cushions are expensive. Just the leather for my chairs was 5x what you paid. Well 2.5x cause i did 2 chairs. Though full grain leather vs cloth isn't really a fair comparison.

It will be interesting to hear your comments on the material and your cushion after you receive it. I hope you post pictures and share the experience. I'd love to go through a service like that for outdoor furniture where the sun will destroy stuff quickly that paying higher amounts for expensive materials just isn't worth it (if it's even worth it to begin with ....).

Mick - lead time stated on the order confirmation was 5-7 days - im in no rush so if it takes longer I will not be that upset, but I was pleasantly surprised it was only that long...

Drew - yeah I ordered the webbing a few weeks back from Amazon and did not have the motivation to staple it in yet as the cushions were not even ordered until today.  I am in the final stages of the guild jewelry box build that I started up while waiting for the chair finish to cure, so multi tasking between projects.  I still have to do one final rub down of the finish on the chair as we spoke about some time back - thanks again for the details you provided and of course I will post back with final pics and how I feel about the cushions.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a great deal. I went with leather for my seats and ottomans, and the cost will surprise you! I think i was in for $1900-2100 when it was all said and done for 2 chairs and ottomans. That said, they look like a million bucks and are very comfortable.

After having them for 6 months, i think the ottomans should be taller. Might just be my personal preference, but aesthetically they look nice in front of the chairs, but they are way too low for my liking. I might end up popping out the leather cushion and remaking the two ottomans another 6"+/- taller. 

13 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Like Byrdie, I've never bought or used someone else's plans. I'm an eyeball designer. If it looks right, I go for it.  If it looks wrong, I adapt until it looks tight.  I to, eyeball other's work, and make my version. So far I've been lucky.

You’re so darn hardheaded that even if it looked wrong and you knew it,  you’d still say it looked right! :D

• Haha 2