Waite Park MN Lie-Nielsen Event

pkinneb

If anyone is heading up to the Waite Park/ St Cloud MN tool event next month post up. I met a couple folks Chestnut and Ronn W last year and had a great time. Its March 15th  10AM - 6PM and 16th 10AM -5PM at the Central MN Woodworkers Association building at 248 33rd Ave S, Waite Park MN

Although I don't really need anything it has not stopped me before LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this a bump and mention that right now the plan is for me to go.  It's only about an hour drive straight West on Hwy 95 for me so I should be able to make it.  I have plans that evening so I'll probably have to leave after lunch.  Still look reasonably like my profile pic though I won't be wearing the suit.  I'll probably be in a blue Anchor Paper hoodie if we looking for each other.

Byrdie

• Like 2

I'll be heading up early and could do a quick lunch at like 11:30 if that works for anyone. I need to head back home about 12 noon to join a 1PM Brian Boggs Bandsaw webinar i'm registered for. I'll be in jeans and a black First Ascent jacket (has hood and light gray on the cell phone pocket on the left). Hope to see you guys up there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ronn W said:

I had a great time.  Didn't by anything but good to see you all again. 

Were looking at vises and, whaddaya know - check out Friday live.

Yeah that was the vise i was trying to tell ya about. glad you found it. Not sure if it's an option that your interested in but it seems like an affordable good option.

After watching that Friday live i think i'm going to buy one. I might still do the leg vise from BC as well we'll see..

Chestnut and MN Steve can you please confirm this is the right cable for the internet run to my theater that we were discussing yesterday? I believe it is but almost to the point where it will be extra work to replace it. I have two cables going between the router and the equipment rack. Thanks

EDIT: Might help if I actually included the pic

210617630_InternetCable.JPG.2a124ed2f604a6840da285a1f9e0bd6c.JPG

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

Chestnut and MN Steve can you please confirm this is the right cable for the internet run to my theater that we were discussing yesterday? I believe it is but almost to the point where it will be extra work to replace it. I have two cables going between the router and the equipment rack. Thanks

SO i just asked my friend that does this for a living. He runs CAT6e for everything that needs to be as future prrof as possible. I guess he runs his HDMI signals through it with some adapters at each end and that way every time there is a new HDMI protocol he just changes the balun boxes or w/e. He also suggested to run pairs.

This stuff is over my head so i hope you can extrapolate from the incomplete data.

• Like 1