Quilting Desk

..Kev

55 minutes ago, Chet said:

When?

Pitching you garbage bud..

42 minutes ago, Art said:

That looks like a lot repetitive box and drawer making! 

Oh, and congrats on your subs.  Your channel is really growing!

Indeed it is!  And, thanks for noticing!

• Like 1

As long as we don't start streaming episodes of "Nuttin' but Knitting."

My Grandfather was a tailor before he became a missionary to China.  He taught my Mom and both of them taught me.  As I've been a bachelor (and a poor one at that) for longer than I've had a Mom or companions, I've had to do most of my own repairs and needlework.  When the last girlfriend and I split up I kept the sewing machine and she didn't even notice it was gone.

Nice cabinets.  Glad I don't have a quilter to batch that many out for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I save stuff like the spacers and other odds and ends, never end up using them so I throw them out.  THEN I find a need for them.

I'm certainly not a pack rat but, those things come in handy more than you think.  They make great spacers for tool racks (chisels, etc) as well.

I hate keeping "crap" around and get rid of it often and there are times it comes back to bite me but, it's better than constant clutter.

6 hours ago, Chet said:

Question, but not about the project.  I notice that you are venting your DC outside using a flex hose.  Wouldn't be better/more efficient having it hard piped instead of the flex with the "U" shaped drop to it?

Probably but, I'm also not sure if it would make enough of a difference to matter?  Seeing it in action, I know it works well..  Especially if my can is too full ;)  I found that out the hard way..  Lots of pretty colors all over white snow..  Can't really hide that!

• 4 months later...

Has your wife requested any modifications or additions now that she has used it for a while?

Somewhat related question for those whose wives have long arm machines- which machine do they have? My wife is starting to look at them, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info readily available on them. 

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

Has your wife requested any modifications or additions now that she has used it for a while?

Somewhat related question for those whose wives have long arm machines- which machine do they have? My wife is starting to look at them, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info readily available on them. 

Her only requests are some drawer organization stuff like I did in my shop as she figures out her work flow.  She's also requesting the storage under the cutting table I built early in the year.

As for her long arm machine, I think hers is called a Baby Loc - Don't quote me on the spelling, I know nothing about it..  I do know that I spent some time in sticker shock! 

10 minutes ago, ..Kev said:

Her only requests are some drawer organization stuff like I did in my shop as she figures out her work flow.  She's also requesting the storage under the cutting table I built early in the year.

As for her long arm machine, I think hers is called a Baby Loc - Don't quote me on the spelling, I know nothing about it..  I do know that I spent some time in sticker shock! 

Good to hear. 

Yes the prices get up there really fast! We looked at one today that was $6k for the base machine, and with all the accessories and features that were on it in the store was $16k. :o

34 minutes ago, JohnG said:

Good to hear. 

Yes the prices get up there really fast! We looked at one today that was $6k for the base machine, and with all the accessories and features that were on it in the store was $16k. :o

Yep..  Um...  My wife ended up with more than all the accessories and features.. :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnG said:

Be careful!  While my wife  doesn't have one yet, she has no problem comparing the cost of a long arm to the cost of my shop tools.  I scoff and tell her she is full of it, but all of my arguments fall on deaf ears!   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Be careful!  While my wife  doesn't have one yet, she has no problem comparing the cost of a long arm to the cost of my shop tools.  I scoff and tell her she is full of it, but all of my arguments fall on deaf ears!   

I see it the other way. If I buy her this, then she can’t be shocked about the cost of the machines I want, which are each much less than this!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

My wife was comparing the cost of hers to a new car that she didn't need ;)

• Like 1