Setting up shop - Newbie needs advice

MJC

Does it collapse the flex hose a lot? Have you tried it adapted down to a 2.5" house? The promotional material makes it seem like it pulls as much vacuum as a shop vac but moves far far more air volume. Be careful with tape measures and dentures near that beast....

I really wish i could just drop in and see how that performs. I've always been interested in that unit.

9 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Does it collapse the flex hose a lot? Have you tried it adapted down to a 2.5" house? The promotional material makes it seem like it pulls as much vacuum as a shop vac but moves far far more air volume. Be careful with tape measures and dentures near that beast....

I really wish i could just drop in and see how that performs. I've always been interested in that unit.

I was a little concerned on how it would handle the flex hose so I only ordered 1 to try it out. It worked well and for limited space helps on storage for sure so I was happy. I ordered 4 more so I can just hook one to each machine that I want to connect to and then just go to the DC. 

I am going to try the 2.5" today at some point and will let you know how it works.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Me too. What's the little clear hose coming out of the bottom? 

So what's the first project that you have planned?

If you use a liner in the bin it helps balance the air flow to keep liner tight against the walls of the bin. If it didn't have that then the liner would flop around and set the sensor off making you think the bin was full. It would also suck the liner up into the filter. It has a quick disconnect so when you need to empty the bin you just set the hose to the side.

As for my first project - well I am not going to impress you with my projects I promise....lol 

I started working on a cross cut sled a few weeks ago and my business has kept me away and busy from doing much. I am going to finish that, and then I think I am going to build the cabinet for my Kreg router table.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

If you use a liner in the bin it helps balance the air flow to keep liner tight against the walls of the bin. If it didn't have that then the liner would flop around and set the sensor off making you think the bin was full. It would also suck the liner up into the filter. It has a quick disconnect so when you need to empty the bin you just set the hose to the side.

As for my first project - well I am not going to impress you with my projects I promise....lol 

I started working on a cross cut sled a few weeks ago and my business has kept me away and busy from doing much. I am going to finish that, and then I think I am going to build the cabinet for my Kreg router table.

That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. We all have to start somewhere. I'm still very much in the beginning stages. Work and kids make it hard to get down to the shop.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

You will absolutely impress us.  We all started out somewhere and reminders are good for the soul.  The forums are a great place to benefit from other folks mistakes.  Most of us are more than willing to share the decisions we made, why we made them, why they were good or what we would do instead next time.

Your job is to sort through all the info, apply it to your situation and environment and make your best decision.  The "best" tool for me may not be the "best" tool for you; they are still both the "best". It's a wonderful journey, not a destination. ;-)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...