New shop storage

Chet

10 hours ago, Chet said:

The black labels are black anodized aluminum that has been engraved using an engraving machine I have for a part time business I own doing awards for schools and individuals.  Its how I pay for my woodworking habit.:)

I did the cut outs using a couple of circle patterns I made.  I drilled a hole with a Forstner bit in the center of the cut out about a quarter of an inch deep then using my router with a bushing I made a pass around the inside of the circle that was about an 1/8 inch deep.  after that I starting in the center hole and wasted everything else away until I got to the first routed circle but when I did the waste away I had the bit set just over 1/16 of an inch deep.  this way when the blade sits, the teeth are over the deeper circle, this way the blade isn't resting on the teeth.  It was time consuming, there are 14 cut outs and it took the better part of a day.

Well worth the time and effort I’d say.  Thanks for the info on how-to. Well done all around.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom King said:

Best blade storage ever.

Yea,  I thought so too.  I was having a hard time coming up with a way to store them that I was happy with, then I saw this on another forum.  I am real please with how their idea turned out.

• Like 1