small compressor

curlyoak

3 hours ago, Mark J said:

California Air Systems is the brand everyone talks about.  They are supposed to be very quiet.

I can wholeheartedly not recommend California Air Tools compressor. I bought mine back in April 2019 and it worked maybe 25 days. For a while they were helpful then just petered out and ignored me. It's still sitting in my shop broken. 

This month sometime, Milwaukee is releasing a M18 portable compressor. I plan to buy it. 

2 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I can wholeheartedly not recommend California Air Tools compressor. I bought mine back in April 2019 and it worked maybe 25 days. For a while they were helpful then just petered out and ignored me. It's still sitting in my shop broken. 

This month sometime, Milwaukee is releasing a M18 portable compressor. I plan to buy it. 

I've had mine for a couple years without issue but, am disturbed by the poor customer service!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ..Kev said:

I've had mine for a couple years without issue but, am disturbed by the poor customer service!

I read many bad reviews on it and ordered it anyway. Seems like there are some things you have to do to make it keep running, like release all the air every time you use it, because the spring in the check valve will get messed up then it pretty much quits working. 

Aside from my experience, I had heard their customer service is fantastic, so perhaps I irritated them! 

When it worked - it was fantastic. And so quiet. I loved it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I read many bad reviews on it and ordered it anyway. Seems like there are some things you have to do to make it keep running, like release all the air every time you use it, because the spring in the check valve will get messed up then it pretty much quits working. 

Aside from my experience, I had heard their customer service is fantastic, so perhaps I irritated them! 

When it worked - it was fantastic. And so quiet. I loved it. 

Mine is full of air all the time..  Now you've got me thinking...lol

I’ve had a little CAT for almost exactly two years now and I’ve had no issues with it. When I don’t have a leaky attachment on it, it stays full of air. I drained the tank a couple times right after I got it but it’s been at least a year since I did that last. 

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

• Like 1

Sorry Cliff it was a problem for you. And Thanks for all the rest with a consensus and almost a majority opinion. I just ordered this https://www.californiaairtools.com/ultra-quiet-series-of-air-compressor-contractor-grade/1-0-hp-air-compressors/cat-8010/ On sale at home depot fro $161 plus tax, free delivery.

This forum continues to provide meaningful benefits for me. Highly appreciated!!!! Beforehand, I was unsure of brand. I am confident now. Thank you!

• Like 1

They claim the pancake lasts about 500 hours. The one I am getting 3000. That would be 6 pancakes. Need butter and maple with that. I might out live a few of those $90 compressors, but not 6. Quieter and a quicker recovery. And I will never need to buy another. It will be delivered in a week. delivery included in price.

• Like 2