Initial Impressions: Harvey AMBASSADOR C14 3HP 14" Band Saw

Shane Jimerfield

I really like the ceramic nature of the laguna guides vs the bearing alternatives (i don't know what Harvey is using). The knobs on the laguna do suck i replaced mine with bolts and or screws.

I have the 2.5 hp 14BX and the 1.5hp 14|12. I haven't pushed the 14|12 hard enough to determine if the 2.5 hp is worth it either because it's all I know.

12 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Power button on the back? Looks like it’s to the left just like the Laguna what am I missing?

Good catch. That's on me. Turns out the switch is mounted backwards for shipping. It reduces the width. All I had to do was take it off flip it around and screw it back down. I'll edit the post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shane Jimerfield said:

Good catch. That's on me. Turns out the switch is mounted backwards for shipping. It reduces the width. All I had to do was take it off flip it around and screw it back down. I'll edit the post.

Awesome that's definitely an easy fix. Seems like Harvey is putting out some nice stuff! I sure love their miter fence.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

@Shane Jimerfield hasn’t been on in a while but maybe he’ll reappear to respond. I think someone else on here has the same saw?  I have the Alpha and like it. I’d buy it again.

Make sure you watch the price for a while, never pay full list price for it (currently $2499). $1750-1800 seems to be a good target these days. It has dropped lower but is uncommon.  

• Like 1