Freud blade not fitting on Bosch table saw

Naomi

Hi everyone. I got a Freud blade for my 10” contractor saw. It’s a Bosch GTS 10XC. The problem is that the arbour hole is smaller on the Freud blade than on the factory blade that Bosch puts out and therefore doesn’t sit well with the arbour nut (not sure if that’s the term). Does anyone have experience with getting a replacement arbour nut to use with Freud blades or have I just selected the wrong arbour hole and need a new blade?

It looks like the saw requires a blade with a 30mm Arbor for the flange to mount properly. Make sure you check the arbor size before purchase. I know based on where you live you are likely having to order from another country. Standards for these things are different based on the region you live in. It appears available arbor sizes are 5/8" (US standard), 20mm, 1", and 30 mm. You may have ended up with a 1" arbor which is smaller than a 30mm.

I'm guessing the arbor is 30mm and it might be best to check the owners manual for your specific saw or measure the arbor size for the blade that came off of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Maybe I misunderstand your description...if the hole is smaller, how does it fit onto the arbor? Sorry, I am not familiar with that particular saw.

It appears the EU saws have a flange that fits on a ~14mm shaft that holds a balde with a much larger arbor. See picture below.

BxT0A.jpg

• Like 2

The location is Israel.  I wonder if the blade is made for saws sold in that part of the world or vice versa?  I tend to be pretty western-world-centric in my thinking sometimes.  Forum members in Spain or Australia find slightly different tools on the shelves.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:44 PM, Tpt life said:

Just confirming, there should be a washer style clamp under the arbor nut. In other words, two things go outside the blade. Have you installed that correctly and still have issues?

Yeah. That works fine. Especially with factory blade. 

On 7/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, gee-dub said:

The location is Israel.  I wonder if the blade is made for saws sold in that part of the world or vice versa?  I tend to be pretty western-world-centric in my thinking sometimes.  Forum members in Spain or Australia find slightly different tools on the shelves.

On 7/13/2021 at 4:05 PM, Immortan D said:

AFAIK the hole on the blade should be 30mm so it will fit in the bushing included with the table saw. Here's a pic of such bushing from my Bosch saw (European version):

post-17356-0-55986900-1426599360.thumb.jpg.1950096e3ff0004d336490986b823b7e.jpg

On 7/13/2021 at 4:04 PM, Chestnut said:

It appears the EU saws have a flange that fits on a ~14mm shaft that holds a balde with a much larger arbor. See picture below.

BxT0A.jpg

That’s the weird thing. The arbor fits the blade but that other piece that I don’t know what it’s called- it’s the right circle in your photo- the new blade can’t ride on it

On 7/13/2021 at 2:58 PM, Tpt life said:

Good catch Ross, I misread that. I don’t see anything in the manual other than a lot of cautionary language about using blades approved for the saw. Naomi, can you please list the blade information? What Freud blade?

Sure! It’s an American bought blade. It’s a Diablo ultra finish with 80 teeth. It fits on the arbor but not on the nut thing that sits on the arbor. Flange? 

image.jpg

On 7/13/2021 at 2:58 PM, Tpt life said:

Good catch Ross, I misread that. I don’t see anything in the manual other than a lot of cautionary language about using blades approved for the saw. Naomi, can you please list the blade information? What Freud blade?

Sure! It’s an American bought blade. It’s a Diablo ultra finish with 80 teeth. It fits on the arbor but not on the nut thing that sits on the arbor. Flange? 

12 minutes ago, Naomi said:

Here’s a photo of the same part in the factory blade. The problem with my new blade is that the hole is too small for that part to sit on

image.jpg

So if this is the blade that came off the saw the numbers provide you the dimensions for a new blade. It's 254 mm in diameter, it's kerf or the cut width is 2.6mm and the arbor hole is 30mm.

You might need to buy blades from a UK store. Almost all American saws use a 5/8" arbor hole.

• 1 year later...