router help please

justaguy

I have a Jessem router table with a MastRLift II.  The Pow R Tek router died (again).  It must have been a problematic piece for Jessem, as they no longer have it available.  Need to get a variable speed 15 amp router to replace it.  Recommendations?  Any experience with the Bora unit?

On 3/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, pkinneb said:

No experience but FWIW  it looks similar to the Woodpeckers SpinRIte router motor which is a bit less expensive. I'm still rocking my PC7518 but its no longer available new.

Not available for 4-6 weeks, and I am in the middle of a project.  The Spine Rite specs sound good but is made in China.  I could limp by with a hand held and edge guide, but prefer using the table.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 8:54 AM, drzaius said:

The Milwaukee 5625 is a very good router and seems to be available now.

That or the Bora is what I will probably end up with.  When I first put this table together, I was choosing between the Jessem router and PC7518.  The Jessem's remote variable speed control and RPM readout got my vote/$$.  Wish I could get a PC now.  Hindsight is wonderfull

2 hours ago, justaguy said:

That or the Bora is what I will probably end up with.  When I first put this table together, I was choosing between the Jessem router and PC7518.  The Jessem's remote variable speed control and RPM readout got my vote/$$.  Wish I could get a PC now.  Hindsight is wonderfull

The PCs, which aren't being made anymore, apparently declined a great deal in quality for the last few years.

So I ended up with the Milwaukee.  Spoke with Jessem to get the correct mounting pattern for the 5625.  They knew their old router had issues.  The old router was built offshore - probably China.  They are planning to start building their own routers, plan to be available in the fall.

They had good things to say about the SpinRite.  Got good reviews from their customers.

Another Milwaukee router guy here.  My 5625 in one table has been in use for 15 years.  I have replaced bearings in other router brands not used near as much.  The table 5625 bearings still feel like new and it gets used on nearly everything I do.  There's a lot of good hand held options out there but for the table, not so much.

• Like 1