10" Delta table saw

curlyoak

On 6/19/2023 at 8:51 AM, Von said:

My saw had similar issues and I ended up cleaning various threads inside the body with an old toothbrush and then lubricating. This helped quite a bit. 

I did that. Helped a little at first. that little gain has faded.

On 6/19/2023 at 12:15 PM, Chet said:

ereplacementparts might have some https://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-parts  Just enter your model number and see what they may have. 

You might also contact Vintage Machinery and see if they have any ideas or parts sources.  http://vintagemachinery.org

appreciated! Thank you

Thanks gee-dub! I've copied and printed your step by step instructions to keep near while doing the work. 

On 6/19/2023 at 10:19 PM, Coop said:

Well Honey, I’ve exhausted all of the guy’s suggestions and parts are not available. She gave me 30 good years. Time for a new saw!” 

I have contemplated that. But in fairness to my wallet I need to see if I can revive this saw. Everything else works.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2023 at 11:26 AM, curlyoak said:

The saw is back to good. The mechanic I spoke of could not find the time. I hired the authorized repair man for Jet and powermatic. He repaired my Jet drum sander several years ago.The saw needed a deep cleaning. 2.5 hours of focused confident effort. I never could have done this. He has been doing this kind of work since the 80's. His confidence is obvious. He knows the saw too. It cranks tilt and up and down real smooth. FYI his geographic range he works in the East Coast of Florida from Vero Beach south to the keys. I don't recall any members in that area that might need him.

Mines around 25 years old. At some point I’ll have to get inside and really clean it out. Before I tilt for angles I alway clean it out good and do it again half way..

This serious maintenance has never been done before. It is 24 years old. So if I get half the years past this clean up by then I might be out of the woodwork business. And if I am still at it by then I will just buy a new one if inclined and still above ground.

i have not been in my shop to enjoy the improvements to the saw. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery. That was a little more than 2 weeks ago. I expect 3 or 4 more weeks until I get back in the shop.

This is a perfect time to recover for me because the hot weather makes it undesirable . Keeps me in the AC for now. doing my home PT and 3 times a week with an excellent Phisical Therapist.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...