Pair of Dressers

gee-dub

Since no one dared asked, what is the weighted white line for in the next to last pic? My wife’s uncle has a tennis ball hanging from the ceiling of his garage that will bump his windshield just before he hits the wall but I doubt that’s the case here. 

Alas, no interesting story there . . . I have three zones for my shop lights controlled by a bank of four-way switches at each door.  This sounded like a good idea during the design phase.  In reality I use the switches at the main entrance door 99.999% of the time.  The lights in each zone also have pull strings.  That is just a pull string for one fixture in zone three with a bead on the end to make it somewhat stable.  I generally run half the lights in a given zone.  When I am doing close work I will turn a couple more on in that area.  If I am doing something that has me moving all around the shop it is not unusual for me to end up with all the lights on by the end of the day :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks. I tend to use Titebond III mostly. It has an open time rating of 8-10 minutes. In my area it may be a little less but you can do quite a lot in 5 minutes if you have been through a dry run first.

I use a lot of darker woods so the darker cured color of TB-III works well for me too.  I keep other glues on hand for lighter woods.

On 1/17/2024 at 6:10 AM, Von said:

I continue to enjoy seeing your techniques and all the doohickeys you have made over the years. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Von.  You gave me a good laugh this morning.  Doohickeys is a word I use a lot and exactly what I call a lot of jigs and fixtures.  I feel vindicated :lol:

• Like 2

On 1/17/2024 at 8:10 AM, Von said:

I continue to enjoy seeing your techniques and all the doohickeys you have made over the years. Thanks for posting.

Same here. I have picked up many pointers, and copied some of the jigs and techniques you have posted. Thanks for taking the time to post!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 8:12 PM, gee-dub said:

I keep looking at a more sophisticated pocket hole jig but, this keeps getting me by for the amount of them that I do.

I had my neighbor come over and help me heft these guys up onto the tables.

I have the Kreg 720 jig and the built-in clamp and dust collection port are nice, but agree they are optimizations. I could take or leave all the built in storage and wings.

As I've gotten older I've also learned the wisdom that there are just parts of the process I need help with and moving assembled carcasses around is definitely one of them

On 1/31/2024 at 4:58 PM, Coop said:

Whose undermount slides do you use? 

Blum 563’s.  I knew I was going to need a few dozen for the bedroom pieces so I just kept watching for good prices.  I got a lot of them during a 25% off sale at Rockler some time ago.  Turned out to be the best price I could find at the time.  I always appreciate anyone's source info on these as they are not cheap.

• Like 1