Pair of Dressers

gee-dub

• 2 weeks later...

I probably have used my biscuit joiner for making slots for Z-clips as often as for aligning boards for panels.

Sounds like you are content with connecting your saw tracks (as opposed to an 8' track)? I know the day will come when I need to cut longer than my 55-inch track... TIA

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 3:13 PM, Von said:

Sounds like you are content with connecting your saw tracks (as opposed to an 8' track)?

It's been a while but I believe that was a money decision.  I got the saw, clamps and one track in a kit on special.  Adding an additional track made more sense for me than having one short and one long.  Truth be known I would like a shorter track for odd jobs.  I also picked up the Lee Valley low profile clamps which are quite handy if you are working on a flat surface.  IIRC, the additional track, connector and clamps were less than a long track so that made the decision for me.  At least that's the way I remember it :rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gee-dub said:

The finish simply put is; 3/4 oz. of McCloskey's 7509 Spar Gloss, 1/2 oz. Mineral Spirits, 1/4 oz. BLO,

These are the ratios, and obviously you made up more than 1 1/2 ounces. 

I'm curious what you use to measure out these thick, sticky liquids, and how you clean up the measures.

Another question, after you put your finish rags in a can of water, how do you then dispose of the wet & oily rags?

• Like 1