Lumberjocks

singlespeed68

Well, every little woodworking community seems to develop its own "personality" and mood. And with so many of us out there, its nice to have specific places where we can feel at home. I still maintain that Lumberjocks is one of the best woodworking communities on the web. But I have to tell you, I am continually surprised at the level of adoption of this new Wood Talk Online forum. We are quickly heading to 2000 members already which is pretty amazing for a complete forum switch with no retention of old content or members. You guys are really making the forum your own, and for that I am incredibly grateful!

I'm about 75/25 with 75% being right here. I still get on Lumberjocks from time to time when I review a product or something like that. I'm also on the Kreg jig owners community, but it has been swarmed with DIYers, not that that is a bad thing but its just not for me any more. Good luck asking a question on a site like that when 90% of the people are below your skill level, But here 90% of the people are above my skill level which means I can ask a question in the forum and get a good and right answer. So Marc you done a great job with the Wood Talk Online forum keep up the good work. ;)

As far as I am concerned this is one of the best, if not the best wood working forum/community there is. I feel right at home on here. There is a lot of things you can do on here... you can chat,you can get on one of the verious forums on here, you can post a new topic, add some new pictures,go to the sketch up library. Discuss new projects with others, and get some idea's... And on top of all that you can have your own personalized page, with your own gallery/album. And last but not least you can make new friends...

COOL OR WHAT? B) B)

Where I spend my forum time really depends more on the individual posts at any given time than on the forum itself. LJ's gets a lot of traffic and some good posts, as does Woodtalkonline, Woodnet, SMC, Wood, Woodworkingtalk, and a few others. I do like Marc's influence here...gives it a unique feel.