At least it's a dry heat

Shane Jimerfield

We're having an amazing summer in St. Louis this year.  Usually 100+ and 100% humidity.  Mostly upper 80s and fairly dry air this summer.  Summer in St. Louis is usually hell.  So I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for you Oregonians if you have to deal with it ONCE. :)

We're having an amazing summer in St. Louis this year.  Usually 100+ and 100% humidity.  Mostly upper 80s and fairly dry air this summer.  Summer in St. Louis is usually hell.  So I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for you Oregonians if you have to deal with it ONCE. :)

Good thing you installed that AC unit. :blink:

Should be in the nineties here, but when I took my daughter to the ball game last night I made here wear a spring jacket. :o

I used to bitch about the weather here until I read these.

I used to bitch about my job until I went to a construction site today and saw a bunch of guys pouring a concrete parking lot in 95 deg. heat.

I used to bitch about my beer not being cold enough until I saw a fellow on the corner with no beer.

Life is GOOD!

100+ degrees and 100% humidity? Prove it.

Where do you live, in a sauna?

We're having an amazing summer in St. Louis this year. Usually 100+ and 100% humidity. Mostly upper 80s and fairly dry air this summer. Summer in St. Louis is usually hell. So I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for you Oregonians if you have to deal with it ONCE. :)

I'm not in the data mining mood, so I won't bother "proving" it.  I've lived here my whole life...you're just gonna have to believe me.  It's hot, muggy and miserable.  April, May and October are pretty nice.  The rest of the year?  Freezing your balls or melting your face.

• Like 1

I've got family in St. Louis.  They moved to Louisiana and Ohio, because while they wanted a change in climate, they also wanted similarities.

I'd almost trade right now, though.  It's been 65-73 most days, and bouncing from 40% humidity to rain.  if I wasn't trying to get three days strung together to apply finish and let it dry outside, I'd be loving it.  I've had rain every other day, interfering with my ability to keep the small project square.  (Can't let it off-gas inside the house, and no space in the shop to vent.)

At least I haven't had to turn on the A/C in a couple of weeks... the line filter leaks, and it's right over my portable workbench and router table.

100+ degrees and 100% humidity? Prove it.

Where do you live, in a sauna?

Here in coastal SC, we often see temps in the 90s with the humidity in the 90s.  June thru mid Sept is often steamy.  We're in a good time now with a lot of rain so it cools things off a bit with temps in the mid to high 80s but hang on....it's August and it won't last.  And yes....St. Louis could be considered sauna-like sometimes.  At least here we do have coastal breezes that often blow so it's no SO bad.  My wife has cousins in the mountains of Tenn and they say it's crazy hot and humid and the mountains keep the breezes knocked down. I never thought of Oregon as that hot though - eye opening.