anyone know what happened to the Triton 3.25?!

tcarswell

I bought mine at Infinity Cutting Tools about 6 months ago.  I called to make sure they had them in stock first.

I think the company changed hands a couple times and there was a time when they quit producing the router for a while.  I'm not sure of the current status, but they are damn hard to find.  Still an amazing value for what you get in the router.

I have one I'll give to anyone that wants it, who can come get it, or meet me somewhere we're working. We'll be starting on an old house in Chapel Hill, NC next week.  It's a model or two before the latest one.  It was given to me with a cast iron table saw wing.  I never liked it much. The cast iron wing is okay, but I'd rather have a 7518 in a regular screw base.   I like, and use 7518s mostly.

• Like 1

I have one I'll give to anyone that wants it, who can come get it, or meet me somewhere we're working. We'll be starting on an old house in Chapel Hill, NC next week.  It's a model or two before the latest one.  It was given to me with a cast iron table saw wing.  I never liked it much. The cast iron wing is okay, but I'd rather have a 7518 in a regular screw base.   I like, and use 7518s mostly.

Hell of a deal right there.

It's hanging on the saw we are going to move to Chapel Hill.  Just got word the mold remediation folks won't get out of there on Monday, so it's still a little up in the air what day we're going to move the big tools down there.  It might not even be next week.  They're waiting for air quality tests to come back.  My email is on my website.  Drop me an email, and I'll get back to you with the location.  It's across the street from a part of UNC.

I won't be going to where that saw is, until the day we load up the big tools for the move, so sorry, but too much trouble to ship.  For something I'm going to give away, that was given to me, I'll be glad to take the screws out holding it in the plate, and hand it to someone who can use it.

Some people like them for router tables.  I don't.

The integrated height adjustment is just ok in the triton. I have one in my router table (I got a well built table, a bunch of bits, and the router for $120).

I've used it for about 3 months and the height adjustment is the only thing I don't like about it. I'd prefer a screw base, or a more reliable lift.

Check a menards store if you have one close, my wife bought me one for Christmas on clearence for $200. I think menards dropped them. I don't imagine they sold a lot of them considering the one I frequent had the same 3 boxes on the shelf with dust on them forever! Maybe it's just a regional thing?

The integrated height adjustment is just ok in the triton. I have one in my router table (I got a well built table, a bunch of bits, and the router for $120).

I've used it for about 3 months and the height adjustment is the only thing I don't like about it. I'd prefer a screw base, or a more reliable lift.

A good 3hp variable speed router in a lift is obviously going to be the cream of the crop.  But for ~$260 new, its hard to beat the price considering the lift is built into the router.  

What aspect do you not like about the height adjustment?

Mine is fairly new, and I'm not a high volume guy, but its worked really really well for me.  The height adjustment works just fine, but there can be some slop between dialing in the height and locking down the locking lever.  I always lower past my intended height and then raise up to my final.  I find that doing it that way I can get my height locked in pretty easily every time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine for 3 years and have had issues getting my Triton to raise easily over time. Based on what's I've read online, it sounds like saw dust and chips got into it which means I have to take it apart. That's unacceptable, as it's the main feature of the tool. The price was right, but I wish I had bought something different.

I have both the 3.25 and 2.25 Tritons and they used the same lift mechanism in both of them.  It works really well on the smaller one but not so great with the heavier motor.  Though I don't use the through the table adjustment thingy on either, I just reach under and use the knob.  I keep the smaller one in the table most of the time and only bring out the bigger one for large bits.