festool tracksaw users

rodger.

It can be. I have a TS 75 and use it a lot. Just remember that there needs to be something supporting the other side of the track (width wise) when you are ripping thinner pieces (i.e. 4"). The track is probably 8 or 10"s wide...it is something in metric... I don't recall the exact measurements, but something under 4" or so and you can't use the clamps that go into the track. It then wants to tip back and forth.

Also make sure your track is a good foot and a half or so longer on each end. Yes you can plunge with it, but it can kick and throw off your track if you're not clamped down.

Although I mostly use my track saw for breaking down plywood, I built my own long "MFT-style" workbench with 20mm hole matrix. Really handy for long boards, and you can set another piece of lumber next to the board you are cutting, to stabilize/balance the rail. i also use this bench as the outfeed table for my table saw.

post-16847-0-62148100-1424924118_thumb.j

==>rough lumber be broken down with the festool tracksaw

Depends on how do you define 'rough'... S2S? S3S? Skipped planed one side only?

It's really the wrong tool for the job... It'll work better as you get closer to S4S... But a jigsaw, handsaw, etc are better suited for the job...