Pictures

mat60

I use Chrome on a mac. I can't drag a photo straight from the Photos app to a post, I have to first drag it onto my desktop, then into the forum post. You might try copying the photo you want to post to your desktop firstIMG_0723.thumb.jpg.002728a428e7c5a75195c

That's what I did here-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have no problem posting photos from my desktop  on two Harley Davidson forums...Hit the paper clip, choose file and as said ...Presto:)...The only I can see is maybe my photos are to big...This stinks alot...Max total size here appears to be 1.MB ..What ever that is..LOL...This is driving me more nuts..Aney help or thoughts would be appreciated..

The upload limit in the forum is set to 2MB. A 2MB image is way bigger than is needed for the forum. We have this limit in place to help prevent bloated storage. My suggestion would be to look into some basic image re-sizing software. Usually with just a few clicks, you can resize to something like 800x600, which will take the image WELL below 1MB.

The upload limit in the forum is set to 2MB. A 2MB image is way bigger than is needed for the forum. We have this limit in place to help prevent bloated storage. My suggestion would be to look into some basic image re-sizing software. Usually with just a few clicks, you can resize to something like 800x600, which will take the image WELL below 1MB.

I just use paint, and crop the photos.  This is usually enough  to cut a 2mb in half or more.

• Like 1

I rarely upload pictures direct to the forum. I normally store my publically viewable photos elsewhere on the internet. I select the picture I want to show and copy its url. Then I click "Insert From Media" (in the new forum software) and select "Insert Image from URL". Then paste the url of the picture into the dialog box and click "Insert Into Post"

The advantage of doing that is:

• you don't end up using forum disk space (the 2mb limit that Marc mentioned)
  • you can display bigger more detailed pictures
  • you don't have to use any resizing software

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...