Sent out to the shop...

davewyo

Two or three times this last week I have been sent out to the shop.
 It must be because I'm in between projects, because usually I spend too much time out there.
I don't think of it as a bad thing, it's a pleasure to comply, but...

How many times should I be told; "Why don't you go out to the shop?" in a single week?
Let's be clear, each time I've been instructed to go to my shop she has also said "I'm going to watch Masterpiece Theater", so I can understand where she's coming from.

When Down-town Abbey (Ha!) starts I'm sunk.

See, I like Cooks Country.  But no matter what, it is not a bad thing to be sent to the shop.  I went to mine last night and was scorned.  And I rarely spend anytime out there anymore.  If I get sent out there, she is usually not very happy with me.

• Like 1

See, I like Cooks Country.  But no matter what, it is not a bad thing to be sent to the shop.  I went to mine last night and was scorned.  And I rarely spend anytime out there anymore.  If I get sent out there, she is usually not very happy with me.

I like Cook's Country too! She's not supposed to watch it without me, unless there's nothing else on (of course). But right now we are in a transitional period. We're about to head out on a road trip and we're working together to clear the DVR so we don't miss anything important while we're gone. :)

She sounds like a keeper!

Yup. I had just checked what was on the tube from downstairs in the "ManCave" when I made that post. When I got upstairs there was the leopard-skin what-not and "Happy Anniversary".

Wow is it Good to be sent out to the shop...!

When you get my age, she'll rarely know you're not in the house!

That's what I was thinking!

After all...Our anniversary is not for another month.

I can tell you, I was in a panic there for a second...thought I had blacked out and forgotten our wedding or something. But no...it's just that Amazon sent the leopard skin via Prime, and well...why not? 

Ya Gotta Love Prime...

Like I said... I can't wait for the next time I'm sent out to the shop.

Well..yeah. That was my point from the start.

Doesn't she know it's Monday Night Football Night?!

It doesn't matter that I couldn't care less about who is playing, it's Football night in America, fer crying out lowd. It's no time to be watching Masterpiece Theater and Cook's Country!

I might have known I was being sent out to the shop for an ulterior motive.

• Like 1

I got sent to the shop in 2005 when I retired.

I was informed that there would be no more smoking in the house. So now, I more or less live in the shop. I do go in for meals, bathroom use and sleeping but, if you want to come over to visit, I'm in the shop.

I have all my W. W. tools, my puter, a flat screen TV, a beer box, heat and AC and no nagging in the shop. Most of the time everyone is happy around here. :)

Rog

I got sent to the shop in 2005 when I retired.

I was informed that there would be no more smoking in the house. So now, I more or less live in the shop. I do go in for meals, bathroom use and sleeping but, if you want to come over to visit, I'm in the shop.

I have all my W. W. tools, my puter, a flat screen TV, a beer box, heat and AC and no nagging in the shop. Most of the time everyone is happy around here. :)

Rog

That sounds like a dream retirement to me.

When I start getting figity and aggravating the wife usually gives me the go to the shop so I can have some peace and quiet line! What she doesn't know is I'm like that everyday after a couple cups of coffee, I'm just at work so she doesn't see it!

Edited by ColinF

At first glance it might seem that drugs and health care in Canada are cheaper than in the US but the truth is a more complicated...

We pay a LOT more in income and sales taxes than anywhere I know in the US - where I live for example the income tax rate is around 50% for people making the local average wage and our sales tax is 13%.  We also don't get the big tax breaks like you such as claiming our mortgage interest as expense, etc. 

Some of the tax money is used to subsidize our health care - but our Doctors have caps that limit how many patients they can see and medical wait times, etc. are often a lot longer than in the US as well.  In the end I know some Canadians that travel to the US and pay the direct fees for faster (and sometimes better) care.  I also some Canadian nurses that split their work week between hospitals in US and Canada (I live in a border city) and am told that your (admittedly flawed) system isn't all bad.

The grass isn't necessarily greener here. ?

I'm about to start acting a fool just so that I may get sent to the shop.  I haven't even walked out there for two weeks. 

My oldest boys pop warner football team is in the divisional playoff final today so looks like today's off too.

d084c602bad94830eaafea48a607155e.jpg

next Saturday I have to drive 2 hours to have lunch at McDonald's with my very annoying in laws, so that's going to kill my shop time. I'd much rather go to a football game!