Light fixture build

Ryan Grondin

21 minutes ago, BonPacific said:

I dig the look of this a lot.

If heat ever does become a problem, there are some impressive LED bulbs now that look like the old-fashioned filaments.

Yes I was looking at these recently, I may switch to those anyway when these start to burn out. They look pretty damn close to the real ones...

9 hours ago, BonPacific said:

I dig the look of this a lot.

If heat ever does become a problem, there are some impressive LED bulbs now that look like the old-fashioned filaments.

If you do go this route, be aware some LED bulbs themselves have heat issues. Some are rated for enclosed fixtures and others not. I don't know the nuances of it all, but I do know the bulbs have heat sinks, and presumably larger/more efficient ones for the enclosed fixture rated bulbs. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Isaac Gaetz said:

If you do go this route, be aware some LED bulbs themselves have heat issues. Some are rated for enclosed fixtures and others not. I don't know the nuances of it all, but I do know the bulbs have heat sinks, and presumably larger/more efficient ones for the enclosed fixture rated bulbs. 

Thanks I'll be sure to look into it before making a purchase.

I have some 40 watt equivalent candelabra base  LED bulbs in my chandelier . Package says they can be used in exterior lanterns. I just checked the temperature on the glass and metal base, bulb has been on for hours, 86 degrees. Globes are open on top.

They look great when lit but the filaments are bright orange when they are off. It was strange at first but when you walk by it doesn't catch your eye like it thought it would.

Feit Electric brand at Costco $11.99 for 3

• Like 1