where do you spray?

rodger.

Hopefully Mike (Estabubba) will see this.  He has a set up that he made out of foam insulation panels that folds up of storage.  I think he copied the one that Jeff Jewitt has in his book, its pretty simple to make.  I don't know if Jeff has anything on youtube where he shows it.  I just spray in my shop, just water bourn stuff,  Cover all the tools with drop cloths, open the garage door about half way and the side door all the way an have at it.

@Chet K yes I did build the knock booth from Jeff's book. I have a box fan behind it with a window open and another fan at the other end of the shop blowing lightly towards the booth plus another window cracked open. I only spray shellac and water based and a project this big does have some overspray floating in the air. Good news is it's dried dust by the time it settles and doesn't stick to surfaces.  

On 1/7/2017 at 9:37 PM, Woodenskye said:

Pug

I always thought this was one of the better setups for someone with a small shop.  The video series is somewhat long winded, but you may get a few ideas.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL7W3_mkxRf3piFVYS3U1EoErlxsDzqxWs&params=OAFIAVgB&v=mQXsi3YyUSY&mode=NORMAL

I just found that guys videos. He has a real interesting way to choose a dust collector.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOGgzFqkLA&t=294s