Dave's Shop tour

davestanton

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A little off topic. One of my youtube clips went viral! 2.5 million hits in 3 days. Shame it was just me washing my dog, not a woodworking video......

Here is the link if you want to see it. In the meantime, I am still doing random clips but can't get the quality that Marc does. He is a natural!

I have built a kind of docking station/mft3 hybrid thing as well. Will post about it soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tim. I buy it from laminex industries pre-made. Exactly the same method as when I was building homes for a living, except that now I build the cabinets underneath instead of asking a kitchen company to do it. I tried making my own tops and to be honest, it is cheaper to have them made than my mucking around with getting all the materials, trying to form the laminate over the double rounded edges and so on. I simply design, measure up and then fill in the details and scan it, email to the company and go and pickup a couple of weeks later.

About 30 years ago I used to make solid timber benchtops for a living so its not as though I can't do it, I choose not to.