Pancakes or Waffles?

ChetlovesMer

Here's a very good article that, while unsourced, lines up with all other documentation. There was a very public and shock press conference in 1985 announcing it.

Diet Coke was introduced in 1982, and New Coke is basically Diet Coke that substituted HFCS for the artificials.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/11/why-coke-tried-to-switch-to-new-coke/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Diet Coke was introduced in 1982, and New Coke is basically Diet Coke that substituted HFCS for the artificials.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/11/why-coke-tried-to-switch-to-new-coke/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think this article clears some of the clouds, stating that bottlers were 'allowed' to use HFCS well before the intro of new coke. The local bottler that I did part-time work for was still producing bottles labeled 'pure cane sugar' until new coke was released.

Now, I did not intend to start a long discussion over new coke release dates. My intentions were only 1) to comment on how crappy new coke was and 2) make a humorous reference to a popular conspiracy theory. Don't wanna start anything Marc has to clean up later, so I concede!

i could go for any theo bar at any time of the day 365. maybe it's something about the home town attachment that makes them so good. 

hey what happened to candy bars that were one whole bar? why did they start hacking them in half and calling it a "king size"? i paid $1.95 for a butterfingers that was two tiny bars in one tube... wtf?

No kidding Spencer.  They give you two little bars and act like it's for your convenience, but it's so obvious they're just hacking out a few grams of weight times 10 trillion candy bars sold per year equals x million more dollars of profit.  They must think we're complete idiots.  And I guess we give them plenty of reasons to think that.

• Like 1

So sorry to go back to the original topic, but while I threw my considerable influence behind pancakes, the reality is I hardly recall what a pancake, waffle, French toast (and their variants) taste like. A pile of sawdust reminded me of what the wifey-pooh actually makes me eat for breakfast.post-14334-0-11390500-1393208600_thumb.jpost-14334-0-77488800-1393208613_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time catching up with the forum and it looks like I came to this one a little bit late but let me see if I can keep it straight:

Waffles over pancakes - like Eric pancakes do the lead balloon thing to me.

I'm not a vegan but I'm definitely tired of the bacon on everything trend.  I want a hamburger, a chicken sandwich, a sausage pizza, etc hold the greasy, overpowering bacon.

I don't mind an orange in my Blue Moon but I don't put lime in my Corona.  A good local brewery is Surly and I like the Furious.  Any one that has trouble with fruit in alcohol hasn't had a good apple or pear cider.  I don't keep much alcohol in my home but I have a cabinet with pretty much every variety of JD (Black Label, Green Label, Tennessee Honey, Gentleman Jim, Single Barrel (x2) and a bottle of 1914 Gold Medal commemorative that I bought at the distillery.  Before someone calls BS for buying whiskey in a dry county, I didn't.  They can sell you a commemorative bottle that has whiskey in it and you can't drink it there.

Plain Hershey's chocolate bar.  No nuts, no peanut butter, just plain milk chocolate.

Regular Coke.  No diet, no imitators.  Regular Sprite if it's something else.  I used to like Dr. Pepper but, no bull, it makes me poop.

Did I miss anything?

Pizza or wings? I can eat pizza every day of the week. And I don't think there is such a thing as "bad pizza"

Pizza any day. Wings only if they are boneless. And yes, pizza can be bad. On a trip to Udine Italy, I once had something called 'pizza'. It was nothing more than a baked dry crust, painted with oil and sprinkled with oregano. Should have gotten a clue when I walked into a resturant in Italy that was run by Chinese folks.

And I don't think there is such a thing as "bad pizza"

You've never had a Totino's then. :)

The older I get, the pickier about pizzas I get.  I no longer enjoy the chain garbage...Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns...especially Papa Johns.  Yuck.  Rubbery, inedible crap.  I guess I've officially become a thin crust, St. Louis style snob.

Love me a heaping pile of burn-your-face-off wings.  But they have the same effect on me that Dr. Pepper has on Byrdie, so I reserve those for special occasions...an evening at a bar guzzling beer...after which I'll most likely have the butt pee anyway, wings or not.  It just comes out spicier.  The kind of poo that brings a tear to your eye.

You've never had a Totino's then. :)

The older I get, the pickier about pizzas I get.  I no longer enjoy the chain garbage...Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns...especially Papa Johns.  Yuck.  Rubbery, inedible crap.  I guess I've officially become a thin crust, St. Louis style snob.

Love me a heaping pile of burn-your-face-off wings.  But they have the same effect on me that Dr. Pepper has on Byrdie, so I reserve those for special occasions...an evening at a bar guzzling beer...after which I'll most likely have the butt pee anyway, wings or not.  It just comes out spicier.  The kind of poo that brings a tear to your eye.

Couldn't agree more.  This is a broad stroke, but for most of my career I have spent anywhere from 40 to 150 nights per year on the road so I feel qualified to say this.  i have learned that there is city pizza and there is country pizza.  In or near a big city you can always find a good pizza.  Head out to the country or the ex-urbs and you get the aforementioned crap.  If the place offers hamburger meat on pizza instead of italian sausage its a good clue to run the other direction.  I really won't debate the merits of Chicago vs. St Louis vs. New York vs. Philly (tomato pie) vs. New Haven.  They all have their own character and I can appreciate all of them (its kind of like debating walnut vs. cherry).   Pizza hut is the framing lumber of pizza.  Papa Johns might be poplar at best.