Pasta Drying Rack

croessler

My wife and I have seen several variations of this over the years; here is my interpretation. This was a quick project that completely breaks down and stores in a drawer when not in use. The frame is Hard Maple with cheap dowels I got on the clearance rack.

post-5584-0-95588800-1405906124_thumb.jp

post-5584-0-75562400-1405906129_thumb.jp

EDIT: I forgot to add the whole thing was just rubbed down with Bee's Wax as the finish.

"FRESH PASTA"....hmmmmm

Wife 54 years old, 4 kids - 2 grown and gone. 6 grand kids,  Still at home - 21yr - old-shift work...clean clothes?, mom what's for supper? Etc. 18 yr old, ACL reconstruction recently - rehab, not helping much for now. Her mother 80 yrs old health problems....

MY mother 85 yrs old health problems, living with us......

HEY MELINDA!!!  THIS GUY ON THE FORUM MADE A PASTA DRYING RACK...IT'S NEAT...I THINK I'M GOING TO MAKE ONE FOR YOU....SO YOU CAN MAKE US FRESH PASTA...........violence....911....hospital ER....Tim, one-eyed....not good...

Nice rack but I think I'll wait a few years to build one.

• Like 2

Well, I can't do anything about the lack of time or the Italian girlfriends but I do appreciate the kind comments. If you are interested the bottom supports were half-laps which I then drilled a hole through the center allowing the vertical dowels to pin them together; I suppose everything else is obvious. B)

Regards,

Chris

I was over at moms a few years ago when all 4 of our kids were younger and still at home and she had a couple of large plums that needed eating or were near being chunked.  Mom made some home made jelly in about 5 minutes.  She said, "honey, Melinda could...." I held up a finger and said "stop right there mom".....we will have that time one day but not now....certainly not for 2 plums.  We LOVE pasta....I love to cook and know I'd have a blast doing that but .....I can not even entertain that now.  Heck, chicken and dumplings are big here in the south but I buy the dumplings at Wal Mart! Dried, in a bag.   But....the pasta rack is good project anyway.

Trust me I do understand  :)  We both grew up with gardens and our mom's canning, baking from scratch etc.. in order to make the budget stretch farther. But we only recently started to delve into that area ourselves. My youngest is in college now; that really helps.