Stand-alone shop build

-MattK-

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, estesbubba said:

Hey Matt - hope you're recovering well and back in the shop soon. How do you like your TV mounted that high? I'm doing some shop organization and thinking of moving mine above a window. 

Hi mike, thanks for the nice note.  Not back in the shop yet, probably a few weeks away.  Transitioning from leg cast to leg brace next week which will make a big difference.  Big question mark is when I get my breath and energy back!

regarding the TV.... its not ideal but it's manageable. Obviously a bit of neck ache from looking up....  but saving the real estate on the wall for things that need to be within arms reach is worth it.

one thing that's idiosyncratic to my shop...  I have cables going across the shop holding shower curtains to control chips around the lathe.  Of course one of those stupid cables is right in my eyeline to the TV! 

• 10 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:20 AM, estesbubba said:

Those 6" walls will be really nice for insulation. I bought R-19 5'x41' rolls for mine which made hanging it go really fast. I also sprayed R-44 in the attic and my propane heater barely runs once it gets up to 60. 

Can I ask where you found the insulation in that size? I'm looking for it as well, and have been unable to find it locally. 

Thanks! Robert