any juicers?

Eric.

Uh yeah I don't think so, not according to Strava anyway.  I haven't been on my bike for months.  I still spin almost every morning but haven't been on a real ride.  Need to get back at it...the weather should break in a month or less.

Are you giving liqueur a break or liquor a break? LOL

The only alcohol I allow myself is a few beers a couple times a week.  And maybe once a month a binge night with buddies.

Ha, I increased the exercise a couple months back but the weight loss plateaued for the last month. I finally admitted to myself the extra 600 calories of bourbon a night might have something to do with it.

Thanks for the spelling correction, calorie deficit = dizzy mind, and not in the fun, bourbon sort of way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too drunk to count before ?

Kenny Baker =R2D2 actor passed away at 82. May the force be with him.

I don't know how to answer this without being judged...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, chrisphr said:

Ha, I increased the exercise a couple months back but the weight loss plateaued for the last month. I finally admitted to myself the extra 600 calories of bourbon a night might have something to do with it.

Yeah same here...weight loss plateau.  I consume too much.  It's all "healthy" calories, aside from the beer...just too much of all of it.  I catch myself with my head inside the peanut butter jar, and think, "There goes that workout."

• Like 1

The problem with juicing is that you're stripping the fiber from the fruits/veggies, and concentrating mostly fructose. This creates a burden on your liver as it is responsible for handling the fructose. There's no protein, and no healthy fats, therefor you're essentially drinking vegetable flavored sugar water. In doing so you create glucose spikes. The proteins and fats slow the sugar absorption. You also need fat to transport the following vitamins, A D E and K. Perhaps add some flax, and chia seeds to the juice, or throw in a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil (don't juice the flax and chia seeds) for some healthy fats. You should be doing small amounts of protein numerous times a day to avoid creating the condition of "skinny fat" where your body breaks down muscle for energy due to lack of the correct amount of nutrients. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

The problem with juicing is that you're stripping the fiber from the fruits/veggies, and concentrating mostly fructose. This creates a burden on your liver as it is responsible for handling the fructose. There's no protein, and no healthy fats, therefor you're essentially drinking vegetable flavored sugar water. In doing so you create glucose spikes. The proteins and fats slow the sugar absorption. You also need fat to transport the following vitamins, A D E and K. Perhaps add some flax, and chia seeds to the juice, or throw in a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil (don't juice the flax and chia seeds) for some healthy fats. You should be doing small amounts of protein numerous times a day to avoid creating the condition of "skinny fat" where your body breaks down muscle for energy due to lack of the correct amount of nutrients.

That's all true, Tom, but if you look at my recipe there isn't any fruit in it (unless you count the tomatoes).  There's hardly any fructose in it at all.  Some carbs in the carrots, aside from that it's all water and nutrients.  I don't juice a lot of fruit for the very reason you say, plus I'm trying to shed more pounds.

I take fish oil capsules every morning so I shouldn't have an absorption issue.

I eat more protein on the days that I lift weights, but I make sure I have some every day.

1 minute ago, Lester Burnham said:

Cals: 600

Pro: 30

Fat: 15

Carbs: 100

That's great if you're trying to gain weight.  For weight loss I'd want closer to:

Cals: 400

Pro: 50

Fat: 25

Carb: 5

Fiber: lots

Water: lots and lots

I bought a Vita-Mix 5000 blender in 1995 or 1996 and have blending my fruits and veggies since then.  I'll pick 4-5 veggies and 1 berry and blend a gallon at a time.  I require roughly 2 gallons per week. 

I knew raw was best, and organic, but if I drank the nutrients I wouldn't have to taste them by chewing them.  With a fitness lifestyle the discipline was already there and continues to this day.

Eric is correct of course about how you feel afterward.  If you feel a difference in your body then you know there are even subtler benefits going on that you don't know about.  Pay now (with discipline) and it will keep you out of the hospital later in life.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eric. said:

There's nothing wrong with coffee as long as you keep drinking enough water.  Otherwise it just dehydrates you.  I don't think the guys who drink Folgers all day long are doing themselves any favors, but a cup or two in the morning won't hurt you.  I only avoid it because it makes me wanna smoke cigarettes.

Right -  doctor said a couple of coffees are fine but if you drink coffee all day you should alternate it with water. I drink 2 cups in the morning then it's water the rest of the day. He said the same thing for alcohol - drink a glass of water between each drink. 

About once every couple of months I'll drink a Diet Pepsi to remind me how tired and crappy they make me feel. 

I like anchovies and like fermented foods so I guess that is why I like Worstershire sauce. 

I do think cafeine messes up your metabolism.  Its not unhealthy per se (black coffee has almost no calories) but it does something to make your blood sugar spike if you are having it with food.  

If like your coffee with sugar and cream, well then you might as well have a liter of soda.  

I feel like the weird one here. I eat what ever i want, generally trying to keep calories intake = calories burned. Carbs are a part of my every day life. I drink a pot of coffee, 32oz of milk and 32 oz of tea a day (on average). I don't drink water.

I do eat a lot of fresh fruit/vegtables. I don't know if you consider peppers, tomatoes, and beans fruit or vegetables.

5 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I feel like the weird one here. I eat what ever i want, generally trying to keep calories intake = calories burned. Carbs are a part of my every day life. I drink a pot of coffee, 32oz of milk and 32 oz of tea a day (on average). I don't drink water.

I do eat a lot of fresh fruit/vegtables. I don't know if you consider peppers, tomatoes, and beans fruit or vegetables.

how old are you? 

Just now, Mike. said:

write back in 10 years :).  Until about 30 I could lose weight at will.  After 30 it gets harder and harder each year.  

Oh i believe it. I'm concentrating on the not gaining side of things. My theory is if i don't gain weight i won't have to try and loose it.

Peppers, tomatoes and beans are all technically fruit.  But I wouldn't lump beans in...they're legumes, and IMO not that great for you, especially if you want to lose weight.  I try to eat as little as possible of agricultural and industrial foods...basically zero industrial foods.  Agricultural foods in moderation probably won't kill you, but humans aren't adapted to eat bushels of grains like we do.

I can take one look at your avatar pic and see that you're a genetically lean person.  My wife is too.  She eats whatever she wants and her body never changes.  Some people can do that.  And they piss me off.

I used to be in pretty good shape. Wrestled in high school, was in the Army so I had to work out each day. I got out of the Army, and one day I woke up a fat balding man. Not like I woke one up, I woke up to realize I was the fat balding man.

It happened quick too. I can't really pin point when I started getting fat. Just one day, BAM!! Fat ass...

It's like when you have a new car with fresh brakes. Since day one, the brakes get a little less responsive and one day, no brakes! You run into a parked car, or a mail box... 

• Like 1