Stocking My Shop With Tools

freedhardwoods

On 4/16/2017 at 8:32 AM, Denette said:

It wouldn't take much to build a frame that you can slide a standard A/C filter into that has a duct leading in and out. You might even be able to make one that fits the length of the duct that your can is currently filling.

I made you a highly technical drawing.

38847e8485f6fb3ebfd69d9577163367.jpg

Exactly what isle in walmart can I find a wood doodad?  Knowing ahead of time will save me time looking or finding someone that works in that isle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Exactly what isle in walmart can I find a wood doodad?  Knowing ahead of time will save me time looking or finding someone that works in that isle.

In the thingamabob department, between the whatnots and  whosimawhatsits.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, wdwerker said:

I understand that ! Every time I look a really long & accurate stop system the price is astonishing. Being able to set multiple stops for frequently used lengths and leave them for the duration of a job would be so convenient.

I've never had anything better than a scrap piece of wood screwed to the top of the table for an "accurate" stop.  At least it has a relief under the important edge to clear sawdust.  If I'm remembering right, this one got used for 152 tenon cheeks on a $38k job.  Then it got moved to its next accurate location for the other 152.

windows3_0034.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 5:45 AM, freedhardwoods said:

I have a homemade fence on it now. The "accurate" stops part might have to wait till some money comes in.

@freedhardwoods    Was wondering how your doing and if you started on your cabinet job. I just landed a full kitchen and island job.  It couldnt have come at a better time if you no what I mean. Its a red oak job with flat panel doors so its not a bad job to do. Some people still want oak and I find it easy to work with. Whats your job like?

8 minutes ago, mat60 said:

@freedhardwoods    Was wondering how your doing and if you started on your cabinet job.

I'm started, but that's all. I have the face frames put together. I'm really slow because I'm learning as I go, making mistakes, and doing it when I'm not working elsewhere.

I'm not a "woodworker" yet. Maybe someday.

8 minutes ago, mat60 said:

I just landed a full kitchen and island job.  It couldnt have come at a better time if you no what I mean. Its a red oak job with flat panel doors so its not a bad job to do. Some people still want oak and I find it easy to work with. Whats your job like?

That's good to hear. I'm building a set out of hickory. One wall and no island.

• Like 1

Like you I will be starting with the face frames then doors and draws after that. I like to build the boxes last because they take up so much room in the shop and they go fairly quick.   If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to ask.  I been doing this for awhile but there are times I still need to ask things.