Fire collapses Expressway Bridge in Atlanta !

wdwerker

I-85  just North of downtown is a raised section of Expressway. The were storing huge rolls of plastic pipe ( used for buried utilities ) underneath the bridge and they caught on fire. The heat must have cracked the concrete beams and collums are cracked so bad you can see the rebar. The mayor sent 2 huge foam cannon fire trucks from the airport to put the fire out. No one died and it's not going to affect me or my shop but that section will be closed for Months !  It's near the Marta train yard, Piedmont Rd, and Monroe drive if anyone is looking for the satellite view of the area.

Just saw it over here on the news. Glad no injuries but that road being closed for months is going to be bad for traffic.

We had a massive hole in a section of major motorway (a freeway) that runs through the local city center here appear due to a Victorian sewer under it collapsing. The road was was closed for 18 months and it caused major disruption. 

10 hours ago, Tom King said:

... It's still not worth it to me to live in an urban area.

I hear you!  In my mountain town we don't get up in arms about what bathroom someone uses - pretty often there's only one, so we take turns.

Back to the OP, it made the news out this way as well, sometime after Werker posted it.  Glad no one was hurt, sorry it happened.

• 1 month later...